1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Member: ChitownFJ
Rig: 2010 Toyota FJC
Name: Oscar
Goals: Great Looking truck that sacrifices nothing for performance.
Extras: Fantastic Stereo!

For those that know me from back in the day, this is my second FJC. My first one was taken from me. RIP "Silver Submarine"

I owned several cars since then but 12 months ago we were expecting a baby so I had to get something with a back seat, so I went back to the FJC. I love this truck!

Our Family has always Named our cars, my wife named this one Oscar for some odd reason it stuck, I figured why not.

Here was Oscar on the night we brought him home.

Knowing where my last FJC was I had to mod this one quick... So 5 days after I got in touch with LT from Metal Tech. This whole truck was ordered from him except the tires and wheels!

Metal Tech Sliders
Metal Tech Front Bumper
Icon Stage 2 Lift Kit
Light Racing Upper Control Arms
Bullydog 10500 winch
Nitto Trail Grappler Tires, 12.5x35-r18
XD Addict 18x9" Wheels with a -12mm Offset
Frame Mount Chop and Liberal use of sludge hammer

ALL of these Wonderful Mods got me here!!​

Ill post more pictures of the interior and stereo ASAP,, But this is a start for now!!​

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
That is one sweet ride you have there.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, you have the model that I did not wait for.. the Manual Trans!!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Looking good Joe. You going to black out the trim and mirrors?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not decided on the Black out yet.... There are a enough TT running around to make me not want to do it, but then again, maybe...

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Very sweet rig!

Looking forward to the "awesome stereo" write up.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the decal off of ebay, it was a good one, the seller was here local, can't seem to dig up his name. A local sign guy could cut it for you too and probably do a better job.

The stereo ill try and get pics up. Just have not wanted to make time, having fun doing other things.... But the spoilers are 5" and Tweet in the pillars, A 10" in each door.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks great.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Nice to see a few people from Chicago out there. CHITOWNFJ, great rig man!! I may have to paint mine a different color now. LOL I have an Iceberg as well and soon it will end up looking similar. :) I am glad I saw this build up because I am curious about what you had to do to fit those tires on there? I know the body chop mount was a must, but did you use spacers? I see you have an offset, but what that all that you needed? Please, let me know.

Boomy

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally... Stereo Pics...

Here are the Pillars.

Here is the Headunit.

The Processor Brain Box.

Double Stacked PDX-5 amps under pass seat.

There is a 10" behind the doors that get 300 watts each !

Im still working on the hatch,,, Just have a box back there now, want to do a single ported 12 or sealed 10's don't know yet.. Like I said working on it. With the 10's in the front doors, the system plays well into the sub 40hz range with authority and sounds fantastic like it is.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Sahweet! Glad to see you back!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts