Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Video of the Chris Nelson's Vehicle recovery seminar?

• Heck yeah I would! I'll take what ever you have!!!

Votes: 121 84.6%
  • I have the basics, how about the advanced stuff on video?

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Thanks but no thanks, I have this stuff down pat.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I never intended to take my FJ off the road......

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
The alternate top clamp I showed was made by Massdam and known as the Jack Mate. The new High-Lift top clamp is bad ass but doesn't allow for a grab hook to pass through the chain choke. It also doesn't have spikes for biting into slippery surfaces. The Jack Mate was developed by a fire fighter and has been used to save lives many times.

Anyway, I'm going to be at the Trail Team invitational at Big Bear this weekend teaching vehicle recovery sessions and introduction to off-pavement driving seminars. I hope to see you there.

Bill Burke, Dave Logan, and l formed the Dirty Toy School that is designed to offer 4x4 instructional events at various locations throughout the country. Our first one is in Grand Junction where the FJ Cruiser Trail Team was formed. It is coming up on the 16-18 of this month. Our web site is Toyota Owner Learning Adventures by Dirty Toy School

Thanks for all the interest in the video. I would love to do that, but Bill has already covered it. All I would be doing different is offering the teachings in front of an FJ.

Happy trails,

Chris Nelson

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Toyota invitational event in Big Bear was a big hit. I'm guessing about 200 people came through my teaching sessions, which was good to see. There were a few people from the Forest Service who attended. They came up after one of the classes and mentioned they appreciated some of the points I brought up in particular. I am glad when representatives from both the Forest Service and the BLM take an involvement in our events. This can help us all and the future of our community.

I found out that I will again be teaching seminars in Ouray. So for those of you who missed it last year, as well as those of you who want a refresher, I will look forward to seeing you. It is going to be another fun time.

Thanks for all your support,

Chris Nelson

·
Registered
826 Posts
Chris,

My father and I were fortunate enough to attend your seminar at Big Bear. My hat is off to you for your hard work and effort. We got so much out of it. Your material was well prepared and delivered. I particularly appreciated the physics fundamentals that you presented about each topic. Thank you so much for the invaluable information. I look forward to more Trail Teams events in the future.

-Derek

The Toyota invitational event in Big Bear was a big hit. I'm guessing about 200 people came through my teaching sessions, which was good to see. There were a few people from the Forest Service who attended. They came up after one of the classes and mentioned they appreciated some of the points I brought up in particular. I am glad when representatives from both the Forest Service and the BLM take an involvement in our events. This can help us all and the future of our community.

I found out that I will again be teaching seminars in Ouray. So for those of you who missed it last year, as well as those of you who want a refresher, I will look forward to seeing you. It is going to be another fun time.

Thanks for all your support,

Chris Nelson

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm glad you liked it Derek. I am happy for every opportunity to share this information. The more people hear it, the safer and more secure trails will be for all of us.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll hope to see you at another event.

Happy trails,

Chris

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Chris,

My father and I were fortunate enough to attend your seminar at Big Bear. My hat is off to you for your hard work and effort. We got so much out of it. Your material was well prepared and delivered. I particularly appreciated the physics fundamentals that you presented about each topic. Thank you so much for the invaluable information. I look forward to more Trail Teams events in the future.

-Derek
Didn't I tell you the guy was good :clap:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
We could always start a list of recovery questions for Chris to answer....... Hmmmm... that may be a new thread :thinkerg:

·
Registered
43 Posts
We could always start a list of recovery questions for Chris to answer....... Hmmmm... that may be a new thread :thinkerg:
I'm up for that, but I'm not the best at keeping up with the computer. My work keeps me away from it frequently.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts