Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a cheap way to give my FJ as much black as possible without painting the body of the car and spending to much money. I saw some Putco chrome covers on amazon and if I end up buying them I would paint them flat black, but does anyone know how hard they are to take off? Because unfortunately my dad might have to be selling the FJ in these coming months(praying not) but I still want to try and get it as black as possible. So if anyone can please let me know how hard they are to get off or if anyone has pics that would be great. Thanks to all

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Just me, but if it is possibly going to be sold, I wouldnt bother. I think the putco's are stick on though

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just me, but if it is possibly going to be sold, I wouldnt bother. I think the putco's are stick on though
Thanks for the input, and yeah your right I was just reading up on that, but do you think they would still be relatively hard to remove if they are stick ons?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Why bother removing them? Just sell it when them on. If they just stick on, you would just heat it with a hair dryer, or some other type of heat gun, and then rip them off. Clean it with some type of sticky cleaner, like goof off.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
They would come off, just be a pain to clean up. Like Capt said, goo gone and elbow grease, but ultimately maybe a waste of time.....your choice :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks guys I think I will get them, and if they suck then they suck but it would not be the dumbest thing I have done. Thanks again, I'll upload pics when I am done if anyone wants to see

1 - 6 of 6 Posts