Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power Outlet/cigarette lighter stopped working. I dont think it is a fuse. Anybody have and suggestions?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Excuse me if you've already checked this out, but the outlet is ON only when the ignition is on. That is to say, when the engine is running, or the key is in the ACC position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn’t work when the engine is running or in any other situation. It used to work great and it just stopped. There is no fuse that I can see that is designated just “PWR OTLT”, there may be one that is for the power outlet and other items together but the fuse designations are a little vague. Nothing else is NOT Working. I was hoping there was an inline fuse of some sort.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Did you try to plug another item into the outlet ? If it works with another device, then you have a bad fuse in the first device. Usually, if you twist either the metal cap on the tip of the plug that goes into the power outlet or the plastic housing on the plug, you will find that it opens and an in-line fuse is located inside.

If it does not work with another device, then you have a bad fuse in your vehicle fuse panel. The fuse you are looking for in the fuse box under the dash is the 4th fuse from the left in the middle row of fuses as denoted by the "[x]" shown in the diagram of your fuse panel below:

[o] [o] [o] [o] [o] [o] [o] [o]

[o] [o] [o] [x] [o] [o] [o] [o]

[o] [o] [o] [o] [o] [o] [o] [o]

Regards,
Dale

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Give up smoking and who cares if its broken. Its not needed anymore. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a similar problem. Used an aftermarket phone charger that was a little big for the power outlet. When removed, the silver sleeve was pulled out. Hasn't worked since.

No doubt something in the outlet was damaged. No warranty left on my 2007 FJ, so looking for DIY help. Would think there's already some advice on the forum somewhere?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
Have a similar problem. Used an aftermarket phone charger that was a little big for the power outlet. When removed, the silver sleeve was pulled out. Hasn't worked since.

No doubt something in the outlet was damaged. No warranty left on my 2007 FJ, so looking for DIY help. Would think there's already some advice on the forum somewhere?

Thanks!
You can easily replace the power outlet. Go to autoparts store and buy a new one. Then search the forum on how to remove the console and swap out the part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My power Outlet/cigarette lighter stopped working. I dont think it is a fuse. Anybody have and suggestions?
My outlet the ground was broken because it's a really thin wire it was like a 22 gauge wire for the ground I replaced the ground and it started working again

·
Registered
3 Posts
They do not have an original one here were I live l.. they only sell the after market universal ones so a little wiring and about an hour you could have it changed and a new one installed 4 bolts and unscrewing your shifter and transfer case shifter

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is only a used car dealership and they do not have a parts desk that's open I was told it's an oil change only service, I may of found one on amazon or I'll look on Ebay.... I just wanted to see if someone ran Into this problem but no were I looked made any sense so i dug into it and the ground wire was burnt in half

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here is a site for your FJ Cruiser. 1997-2014 Toyota Power Outlet 85530-06010 | nashuatoyota $18.29 Plus Shipping. I'd recommend running the pos+ (18ga) to the fuse panel. And run a new neg- wire to any screw that you can find that's screwed into metal. You can choose either Keyed or Always-On See pic for fuse panel info. (I changed mine to Always-On) And learn to solder. You'll prolly need it in the future. 😎

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts