Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I have been thinking about them for a while. Looks interesting to me.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Huh, So how are you suppose to use them???:stickpoke:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I would prefer the safety of D-shackles. About the same price anyway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Huh, So how are you suppose to use them???:stickpoke:
Basically, just a method to link tow straps w/o having to knot them up. (which greatly reduces the working load limit of the straps - found this out first hand)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Basically, just a method to link tow straps w/o having to knot them up. (which greatly reduces the working load limit of the straps - found this out first hand)
So it's pretty much a fancy D-ring shackle. Think I'll stick with the regular D-ring.:simmadown:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I would prefer the safety of D-shackles. About the same price anyway.
x2. Those things slip pretty easily unless their is alot of constant tension. Tugging tends to make them slip free and then you have a metal bar flying through your rear windshield. Use a D shackle....

·
Registered
103 Posts
The biggest advantage to these is when you have to loop a strap around something that you can't get a shackle connected to. This way you can you don't get a knot in your strap that you can't get loose. You guys have probable seen vehicles driving around with a cut off strap still tied to a bumper or something.

As far as connecting two straps together, I would also choose the shackle. Quicker and safer in my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts