Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Coming up is the 12th annual Clash of the Titans BBQ. It's an event that celebrates and honors the volunteers for the OHV and SBNF programs. This year it's at the Big Bear Discovery Center on 10/25/08 (Saturday) from 9am-4pm.

There will be a BBQ cook off, photo contest, and activities for the kids. This will be a good time to meet other people and just have a good time with people who share the same hobby.

I've attached a file for the flyer.

Anyone want to caravan up? :)

Here are some info from a volunteer:
Well folks its time for the Clash of the Titans again. This year we
are going big! We are at a new location, The Discovery Center, on
Saturday, October 25th 2008. Set up is at 9:am and the fun start at
11:00am. We are able to have limited camping there. That will be on a
first come reservation, as there is LIMITED Space availablefor 30 foot
and under RV/Traliers. Withoutan RSVP, I am sorry to say you will not
be able to park your RVthere. And there is no hook ups. We also ask that
you please don'ttow your off road vehicle if can help it, as the only parking for tow
rigs is off site. We will be having some new folks cooking this year
for the cook-off, so bring your best recipe. We also have a surprise
cook that will be working the grill, and trust me you will not be
disappointed. Please remember A-L please bring a desert and M-Z
please bring a side dish. We will also have a photo contest so start
picking your best shot and lots of things to do with the family.
Please email me with any questions at [email protected]

Thx Dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to have missed your response Tom. I'm still contemplating how I'm going to allocate my time. I really want to do Borrego too. There's time for trails if you make time for it. :D

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a thread on it and it's on the calender. It's a 3 day outing.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While at the Pomona Off Road Show, we met the OHV volunteer for SBNF. He asked if we'll be at Clash of the Titans and Dave and I kind of looked at each other and didn't give him a quick answer. He said that we NEED someone at the BBQ. I guess there might be some kind of recognition at the BBQ? We had the 2nd highest hours posted. I know Borrego Fest is going on that same weekend, but if anyone want to do some wheeling but can't commit to 2 (or 3) days in Borrego, please let me know! I really want to go to Borrego too, but I also think that this is a great opportunity to know others and make some connections. The BBQ is not whole day so it leaves a lot of time for some Big Bear wheeling!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Post 1 updated with more details.

·
Banned
2,998 Posts
I also met the ranger and a couple of volunteers. Maria was wearing the FJ AAT shirt, and they asked us if we were going to be there. I was unable to answer, and they said the same thing to me....that we NEED someone there. So, I dropped your name Tony :D :D Just kidding....but it sounded like it was pretty imperative that we have at least a representative there. I'll see if I can work the schedule so I can attend.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Based on the flyer, it's a family oriented event with a lot of activities. I hope you can make it!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Boo Dave. What's up with school? School is for kids! :D j/k. We'll catch you next time around. :)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sound awesome Piper. This is a event that's family friendly so bring the little ones.

·
Banned
2,998 Posts
I'm gonna try to make it that day too. I may follow Piper....his rig finds hubcaps on the roadway to throw at my rig, and I need the collision avoidance practice :D :lol:

·
Banned
2,998 Posts
What....you don't remember? On the way back from Anza Borrego I was following you and you kicked up something that resembled a hubcap....Man, you old guys sure have short memory spans :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:bump: :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts