Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to mount my amp on the back driverside wall. Its 18" by 10" and 2.5" tall.
Any of you guys have advice, style points etc before I get started?
How would you mount? I was thinking of laying down plexiglass layer then a thin protective piece of plexi over it to protect it.
I'm going to try and separate power wires from speaker wire obviously but I'm open to ideas on that too for those who have their amp mounted in same place.
ideas???? Do's Don'ts????
Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow....that's a scary thought on my new amp location, I usually get at least 1 reply on my post but yet on this one "crickets"! All righty then....

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alrighty then.....! Bump

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Well, I can tell you what I did.

I used a piece of scrap diamond plate. Rolled the eges over & put some spacers behind to keep room to run the wiring behind. Then just mounted the amp to the diamond plate.

Of course then I went to install the Wicked CAS box I paid through the nose for, only to find out they sent me one for the driver side rather than the passenger.

Since I couldn't ever get any responses from them, it is still sitting in my garage, and I just threw an old box I had from long ago in the back.

One of these days I'll get around to re-routing all of my wiring and coming up with a mounting idea for the amp on the passenger side.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Do you have a pic or model number of the amp so I can have an idea what the wiring terminals look like?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not on the drivers side, but I mounted a polk PA400.1 for my sub, by the inverter behind the panel on the rear passenger side. I can pop the 115v plate out to adjust it if needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry Scottsfire,
i'm on here looking for the same info you where looking for. I got no answers for you. Good luck
michael

·
Registered
328 Posts
I made a bracket out of 3/4' MDF and painted it black. This was kind of a PITA because the panel is curved so getting the measurements for the holes was not easy. I can't even tell you what they are as I widened the holes until they matched up and used washers with the bolts. This way there was not little amp mount screw holes all over in my car. I did have to cut a hole for the wires though but figure I can put a grommet or 12 volt power source in if I ever get rid of it. That's a big if though.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts