Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mild soap and water. for all interior surfaces. Vacuum, wipe with soapy water, follow with clean water wipe. done.
Windows get the standard aerosol foaming window cleaner.
If the seats get funky I febreeze them.

Easiest interior ever to take care of.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I use Armor-All Orange cleaning wipes to clean the interior and then follow it up with Armor-All Natural Finish Protectant. It really helps cut down on the glare. Oh, and just a plain wet rag for the floors.

Stoner for the glass, and then Rain-X defogger in the winter.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Mild soap and water. for all interior surfaces. Vacuum, wipe with soapy water, follow with clean water wipe. done.
Windows get the standard aerosol foaming window cleaner.
If the seats get funky I febreeze them.

Easiest interior ever to take care of.
Thats exactly what I use, right down to the febreeze. But instead of a vacuum for the dash I use a small California duster. Does the job. :rocker:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Micro-Fiber Towels for the Dust
"Tuff Stuff" Cleaner for the really dirty things and the seats

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
After WTF 2010 here was my cleaning sequence:

1. Pull all loose items from within the FJ. Remove backseat cushions and all headrests.
2. Open all 5 doors.
3. Using a leaf blower start from the front drivers side and blow off dust from dash and floor to side and rear of FJ. Becareful not to dust cover the surrounding areas.
4. After blowing dust out, use shop vacuum with brush and crevice tool to detail the areas.
5. Next, get a 2 gallon bucket of warm water with a half cup of Mr. Clean. Use this solution to wet a rag (or a good hand towel) and wash down but not soak all hard surfaces. Do a manageable area at a time. Then take a second dry rag (a good bath towel) and dry this area. Mr. Clean does not require rinsing with clear water rinse.
6. Wipe down the entire interior except headliner. If you have water resistant seats, do them too.
7. Use windex on the windows.
8. Do not Armor-All the interior. It is a dust magnet.

This method works for dust or mud. And the interior looks new afterwards.

·
Registered
483 Posts
mothers all purpose polishing spray, or black vinyl and plastics spray, use it on the bumpers, the interior, on everything actually

·
Registered
25 Posts
After WTF 2010 here was my cleaning sequence:

1. Pull all loose items from within the FJ. Remove backseat cushions and all headrests.
2. Open all 5 doors.
3. Using a leaf blower start from the front drivers side and blow off dust from dash and floor to side and rear of FJ. Becareful not to dust cover the surrounding areas.
4. After blowing dust out, use shop vacuum with brush and crevice tool to detail the areas.
5. Next, get a 2 gallon bucket of warm water with a half cup of Mr. Clean. Use this solution to wet a rag (or a good hand towel) and wash down but not soak all hard surfaces. Do a manageable area at a time. Then take a second dry rag (a good bath towel) and dry this area. Mr. Clean does not require rinsing with clear water rinse.
6. Wipe down the entire interior except headliner. If you have water resistant seats, do them too.
7. Use windex on the windows.
8. Do not Armor-All the interior. It is a dust magnet.

This method works for dust or mud. And the interior looks new afterwards.

Great Idea with the MR clean!

otherwise simple. That's why I got mine instead of another 4 runner or Tacoma.. Wash and go!

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
1. Cali Dash Duster to get off loose dust.
2. Griots Interior Cleaner wiped on with microfiber towel. (Like a mild soap, it deep cleans)
3. 303 Aerospace Protectant for UV protection.
4. Vac everything.

The dash duster gets used about once a week to get all of the dust off the surface, keeps my allergies down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts