Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Black FJ. Paint and everything is in immaculate condition. I am just not sure how to condition the plastic pieces on the outside (mud flaps, bumpers, bottom of doors etc). Since my truck is black, it makes the plastic parts look grey. I want to keep them looking good and not sun faded. Suggestions?

THANKS!

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
I use a spray wax from malco. Its a real light wax that leaves zero residue. Just wipe it on. When I wash my car like I should I use that once a month

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How often do you have to apply it? I have a hard time not buying anything maguires... but I haven't found anything that will do the trick yet.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Formula 303 protectant- made for UV protection and doesn't attract dust like some of the others.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Formula 303 protectant- made for UV protection and doesn't attract dust like some of the others.

I really highly recommend 303 Aerospace. Check the Interior/exterior visual tech forum or use the search tool for more info. The 303 Aerospace is a little pricey, but a little goes a very long way.

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
12 Posts
I totally agree with FJ FLORIDA.

As a HONDA ELEMENT owner I have used this product for a very long time and it really really does well with the areas you said. I just cleaned mine yesterday and it really work welll.

Good luck,....

·
Registered
532 Posts
So we got the plastic covered... how does one prevent the rubber trim around the windshield and stuff doesn't dry out? I remember one forum member had his cracking and stuff... I'm assuming he was probably in a really hot/dry environment though. But I really like my FJ, so...

·
Registered
74 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts