Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cleghorn and 2n17x
i've only done 1/2 of cleghorn. last time there the snow was too deep and stopped us from completing our task at hand! :)
i've never done 2n17x or even know where it is.........but it was suggested to me as a 2nd trail to do that same day.

HERES A VIDEO OF THE TRAIL (WITH SOME OF ITS MORE DIFFICULT ROUND-BOUTS) :)

http://jamesncarrie.com/video/wheelin.wmv

9ish meet time at trail head off of 15...hit trail by 9:30

IF YOU WANT TO CAMP?
I reserved a camping spot at SILVERWOOD LAKE. let me know if you are camping for sure. 8 people max, 3 vehicles (although i'm sure theres outside parking that can accomodate our vehicles)

cb channel we will decide on when we get to the trail head

let me know if you are interested or if your plans change and i'll update the roster.

INTERESTED

bobonel (trail run and camping +2)
4x4groupie
big dave (run and maybe camp)
steveB (formerly boxcar) (run only)
digitac
mcjeep & mcmom
mcrover
sanderhawk (run only)
hardluck (trail run and camping +2)
carter
goober (camp?)
pokerdawg
greg2308 (trail only)
fj-piper (trail and camping +3)
martyr (trail only)
skersfan (trail and camping +2)???? (get well soon bob)
fj4fun (trail only)
1poser (trail only)
vierzwanzig
orangetalent

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Thread subscribed.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I don't know yet. My in laws are here and time is scarce. Forever Wild is also that same day. I do want to take my father in law out for a little ride though. :cowtounge:

btw, event added to calender.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
i'd go but that's about the same time as the #2 kitty trip.
If you had signed up for the 2-4pm slot for the kitty trip, you'll be able to do this.

·
Registered
779 Posts
can a stock 4x4 FJ with rear locker do BOTH the trails with NO hurting?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WHATS NICE abuot cleghorn is that you can always take the "round-'bout' way instead of the more difficult route if youd' like. the easy/more difficult sort of keeps criss crossing each other.
i've never done 2n17x so i cant answer that but cleghorn is a definate yes for stock.

i am sure 2n17x is very doable but you should always be ready for some small scrapes or scratches just in case. hopefully others will chime in that have done this trail and can answer better than i.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've done the Cleghorn Advanced run in just a Stock FJ and did fine so there should be no worries. as long as in certain parts you have an experienced spotter to help you out.

·
Registered
302 Posts
you should be fine. sometimes the lift is a disadvantage on narrow sloped areas because of a higher center of gravity. you might scrape a little here and there underneath, and probably some brush marks on the body.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
anyone know of any good camping spots in this area?
Silverwood Lake is a great camping area-if there are spots available.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where are these trails located?
off the 15 freeway..about 1.5-2 hrs north of san diego is the trail head for cleghorn. if you google it it'll come up. it winds towards lake arrowhead.
i know its near the Bass Pro Shops.....i stopped there after i did cleghorn the last time. :)

pm me if you need more info or directions. its all very easy to find. hope you can make it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
update on camping

I reserved a camping spot at SILVERWOOD LAKE. let me know if you are camping for sure. 8 people max, 3 vehicles (although i'm sure theres outside parking that can accomodate our vehicles)

·
Registered
207 Posts
are you guys gonna wheel again that sunday? If so, I'd be down to meet up and wheel then. I'm busy saturdays and cant make it. I'll keep checkin this thread. last time i did cleghorn i had a blast. wanna do it again.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
are you guys gonna wheel again that sunday? If so, I'd be down to meet up and wheel then. I'm busy saturdays and cant make it. I'll keep checkin this thread. last time i did cleghorn i had a blast. wanna do it again.
i will probly head back home sunday and not do much wheeling but if anyone else is interested in meeting up with FJEEEZE on sunday let him know. :)

I might be able to make this run if i dont have to work. I highly doubt the camping tho.
i'll put you down as a maybe with no camping. keep me posted. :)

1 - 20 of 93 Posts