Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drove out to do Cleghorn Saturday afternoon with Byron the owner of a very nice H3. We met Frogeye and Sancho and his beautiful wife Jessica in there sweet FJ's. The winter really tore up Cleghorn and all the bypasses are as challenging as ever. Frogeye took point and we pretty much breezed through everything short of a few line changes and a couple of heavily scratched quarter panels. We ran into Tony and group as well as Cowboy4x4's group on the return trip. From the trip reports it sounds like a great day was had by all. Here are a few pictures.

Frogeye taking point.

Flora

Ridge running

Flowers still blooming and the rig smiling

Climbing through the Manzanita

Byron and Sancho

Frogeye, Byron and Sancho

Frogeye picked lots of great lines and ran so smoothly

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Byron

Frogeye

Sancho and Byron

The dead Manzanita is stark but beautiful

Byron on one of the fun descents

Tunnel of burnt Manzanita

Sancho

Byron

Feeling tippy

Approaching Silverwood Lake

Another good day on the trails. :)

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Sweet pics Scott. It was a blast running cleghorn and taking point for once. I guess there are benefits to running tailgunner though. Like, having a spotter! I really enjoyed our journey. We spared absolutely no side trails. Fun times. I have lots of pictures, the only problem is that they are all stored in my brain. I was to busy driving to work my camera. Great run. And ChaseWBFJ did a great job in that very capable H3.

My first oops in 27,000 miles. of course we don't have any photos of probably the tightest/most challenging trail in Cleghorn. Maybe Jesugar has the pics.

·
Premium Member
16,739 Posts
Nice pics!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn I'm glad I didn't break that turn signal lens, my wife would have kicked my as*.

Thanks for the pics Sancho. :)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
You guys are brave running that section. The chances of body damage is so high there. Great pictures.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got proof! :bigthumb:
Wish I had video of your gas lid popping open like someone used a can opener on it! Priceless.

Fjamming
Re: Cleghorn 4_19_08
You guys are brave running that section. The chances of body damage is so high there. Great pictures.
No pain, no gain. If you can get through the squeeze you get through just about anything.

Tony you guys had one heck of a long day, I'll bet a warm shower never felt better. :)

P.S. Thanks for the map of the SB Forest again, I deleted the one you posted awhile back.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
No pain, no gain. If you can get through the squeeze you get through just about anything.

Tony you guys had one heck of a long day, I'll bet a warm shower never felt better. :)
You bet. Warm shower? I was in a warm bath. Tired for 2 days :lol:

P.S. Thanks for the map of the SB Forest again, I deleted the one you posted awhile back.:cheers:
You're welcome. The last time it got bumped was 4 months ago so I think a lot of people never knew it existed.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Wish I had video of your gas lid popping open like someone used a can opener on it! Priceless.

Ah yes, the squeeze. I made it through unscathed.. Except for the puddle on my seat.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Ah yes, the squeeze. I made it through unscathed.. Except for the puddle on my seat.

I think he means the squeeze near the I-15 side of the trail. That's the one where Mir's rig got traumatized. Most people have never gone on it (myself included).

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Ah, here are the pics. It's old so the trail changed a bit.

Rest can be found here. It's Roo's adventure.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts