Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a fun day. With about 30 FJs on the trail, we had to split up the groups. Thanks to Chris and Cowboy4x4 for helping out and being the leaders. I lead the moderate group. Temperature was in the upper 50s and windy as usual. We did about 2/3 of the challenges and the 2wds did a great job meeting the challenges! Here are the pics.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Cleghorn post M&G (moderate group)

FJVP's sweet 2WD.

We ran into Cowboys group.

Passed them up and took a little break by Pucker Hill.

Watching Wgasa (Chris) try the hill. His front locker had a air leak and wasn't working.

Seal13 tries the same hill. No front lockers=no go.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Pilot Rock

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

One of the 4 Runners was having heat issues. The engine was probably having trouble too as it just didn't have any grunt at all. 15 deg climbs couldn't be scaled without a running start. We ended up doing a lot of winching up long hills. On loose surface, it was a nightmare. After a few failed attempts, we towed. We expected to arrive at Arrowhead Village at 7:30, but didn't get there until 9:15 or so. A lot of recovery happened in the dark-and cold. I used my winch 4 times yesterday. Temps were in the high 30s and we were getting really hungry... I didn't get any pictures as my battery wasn't working due to the cold. I was definitely not dressed appropriately nor was I prepared for the long night. Should've have more clothing, more food, water, and extras for everyone. I hope no one caught a cold.

My FJ just before the sunset

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

whats the deal with the 4R? get stuck?
It was having engine troubles and I'm guess it just wasn't getting any power. When I tried to run it up the hill, the engine just won't rev up. It felt like it had 50 hp. It feels like it's going up hill 2 gears too high. Even when I was in "L", it just had no grunt. Even when it had traction, it had no power to make it. He used up at least 20L of water trying to cool the thing during the trip and it was still overheating. As you can see in the watercrossing picture, it bogged down even though there wasn't that much water.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Looks like a good time was had by all, Tony. Great report. Your truck is looking awesome BTW.
Thanks Mike. Slowly and surely. :D Always waiting on budget. :lol: Looking for another Tacoma rim so I can get a matching spare. Had a chance to get 5 for $150, but I just don't need 4 extra ones!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts

Thanks Mike. Slowly and surely. :D Always waiting on budget. :lol: Looking for another Tacoma rim so I can get a matching spare. Had a chance to get 5 for $150, but I just don't need 4 extra ones!
Comes out to 150 for 1. :D bad idea.

Keep your eyes open. If you can't find it in SoCal.....(with 30 million vehicles)
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Comes out to 150 for 1. :D bad idea.

Keep your eyes open. If you can't find it in SoCal.....(with 30 million vehicles)
Good luck.
Was very tempted to buy it then resell the 4, but as it stands now, I have 11 rims/tires right now. :shock:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had a great time with all you guys despite a few set backs. Everyone was positive and willing to help others in need. Thank you Tony for organizing yet another successful event and your persistence in saving that 4runner. Kingcong did an amazing job on his first run. He has mastered easy/difficult trails, night runs, and the towing of a 4,500 pound limp 4runner. You are an excellent addition to our team. I am always amazed at what my FJ can do.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike thanks for letting us borrow some of the tools. Couldn't have done it without you.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Nice write up and Pics Tony....Especially that "yellow" one ! :D

I had a blast, only wished I could have stayed to run the continuation to Arrowhead Village with you guys.

Good to put some faces with the names.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Nice write up and Pics Tony....Especially that "yellow" one ! :D

I had a blast, only wished I could have stayed to run the continuation to Arrowhead Village with you guys.

Good to put some faces with the names.
Hey TIM, Post up your pic's!:)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Her ya go Scott....

Nala looks bad A$$ climbing up the smooth stuff.

Wrigman and "NALA" climbing

See what the Rear AP/Fox Suspension looks like at full droop.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Wrigman and Nala climbing WITH A ROPE ATTACHED!!!!!:rofl:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I left that one out! I Could not tarnish your reputation...:D

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I left that one out! I Could not tarnish your reputation...:D
I think the CAT is out of the bag!!!!:rofl: It HAD to happen sooner or later!:lol:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think the CAT is out of the bag!!!!:rofl: It HAD to happen sooner or later!:lol:
Hey hey, you let the cat out! We're innocent! :rofl:

Very nice shots Tim. I never get tired of looking at them. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts