Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a picture of your Clinometer... I took my fj into a local body shop for a fender bender and when I picked it up I noticed that my clinometer did not have any lens on it. The body shop did such a nice job detailing the inside that the gauges were so clean and shiny that it stood out. I went back and asked if they might have knocked it off while cleaning the inside but had now luck finding it. Now I am questioning my self as to if the clinometer ever had a lens on it to begin with. It seems to still function, but before I go back the the shop and raise hell I want to be sure there was a lens on it and a picture would be nice proof. Can't seem to find one online, or a detailed parts diagram either

Thanks

Ollie

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Anyone have a picture of your Clinometer... I took my fj into a local body shop for a fender bender and when I picked it up I noticed that my clinometer did not have any lens on it. The body shop did such a nice job detailing the inside that the gauges were so clean and shiny that it stood out. I went back and asked if they might have knocked it off while cleaning the inside but had now luck finding it. Now I am questioning my self as to if the clinometer ever had a lens on it to begin with. It seems to still function, but before I go back the the shop and raise hell I want to be sure there was a lens on it and a picture would be nice proof. Can't seem to find one online, or a detailed parts diagram either

Thanks

Ollie
uploadfromtaptalk1303221422960.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1303221468840.jpg

Don't know if these help, but are you thinking they have a flat lens over the ball? The clinometerand the compass both do not have a flat lens, just the ball itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve.... So there is a lens over the ball... That's what I needed to know.

Now can anyone tell me if that is available as a replacement part ?

Ollie

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Thanks Steve.... So there is a lens over the ball... That's what I needed to know.

Now can anyone tell me if that is available as a replacement part ?

Ollie
Most definitely the round lenses exist! I wasn't sure if the pics displayed that well enough, so I went and felt to make sure!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts