Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: All Pro Group Purchase !!!

My smile turned upside down. I did not realize I had to predrill the bumper for the light bar...see this thread

As Bandi mentioned, this should not be a problem. When you drill the bumper just make sure to use a center punch to keep the drill from walking at first. Then just add some touch up paint once done to match it. The bracket on the light bar itself will cover the holes being drilled.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hey Scotty
Did you powdercoat your front winch bumper? I don't take possession of my FJ until the last week of Oct. or first week of Nov. so can't take it to the powdercoater with my bumper to match the silver of the mirrors and stock bumper ends which is the color that I want (and looks like you went with also). It would be great to have my front bumper/winch mods finished and ready install when my baby arrives!!! Already tried the dealership for a paint number/touchup bottle for this color but they couldn't find it. Should I just wait 'til I've got cruiser in hand or do you have the elusive color number for this matching silver? :shrug03:

·
Registered
192 Posts

Hey Scotty
Did you powdercoat your front winch bumper? I don't take possession of my FJ until the last week of Oct. or first week of Nov. so can't take it to the powdercoater with my bumper to match the silver of the mirrors and stock bumper ends which is the color that I want (and looks like you went with also). It would be great to have my front bumper/winch mods finished and ready install when my baby arrives!!! Already tried the dealership for a paint number/touchup bottle for this color but they couldn't find it. Should I just wait 'til I've got cruiser in hand or do you have the elusive color number for this matching silver? :shrug03:
This may be an option in the future, but at this time we don't have any sources. Also, shipping it would be another issue since we cannot gaurantee that the shipping company would not scratch it during transit. Another issue is that each powder coating place is a little different, and we would hate for it to arrive and be slightly off.

As far as the color is concerned: Rome Haas Brightbond Chrome with Clearcoat is the color that Jon used on his Blue FJ. Terry is doing the same thing on his black one, and we should have those back on Monday or Tuesday and I will see if I can get some pics of his rig up with it all installed. Unfortunately, we cannot gaurantee that this is an exact color match though, but its the closest we were able to get to match the mirrors and bumper ends.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

BM, It should be fine to do it after it is coated,
Just be carefull when drilling and not to slip, and
use some touch-up paint on the bare metal, plus
some permatex around the bolt holes when
mounting, which I would do anyway to keep
water/dirk out of the seam...
Thanks for the prematex tip and reassurance! I was wondering about how to weather proof the mounting points.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
If there is another group Buy I want IN!!! Please let me know! Front and Rear!
Check the All-pro site, They are having a 20%
off sale right now on the bumpers and other
items, Call All-Pro, Ask for Terry and let him
know you are from Fjcruiserforums...

Its a great deal...

ALL-PRO OFF-ROAD
Phone:951-658-7077

141 - 147 of 147 Posts