Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about installing these behind my 6.5's in the doors due the water that other members talk about... Will it effect sound quality negatively? I'm thinking that it might, due to the fact that it makes the volume behind the speakers decrease incredibly.

·
Banned
338 Posts
the rear wave has a lot to do with sound. i have found that the deep vocals and mid bass lack some authority with baffles of this nature.
So you're saying that if he puts a closed-cell foam behind where the glass goes down, which is about 3" away from the magnet on the speaker, it's going to make that much of a difference? I...just can't see it, you may be right...but I can't see it. Harder to believe if you go with a 1-2" mounter too, I just added a spacer to my door speakers to bring them MUCH closer to the panel itself.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'm going to give them a try. If they don't work out, it's just as easy to take them out.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
So you're saying that if he puts a closed-cell foam behind where the glass goes down, which is about 3" away from the magnet on the speaker, it's going to make that much of a difference? I...just can't see it, you may be right...but I can't see it. Harder to believe if you go with a 1-2" mounter too, I just added a spacer to my door speakers to bring them MUCH closer to the panel itself.
i may be right.... i am right. i have tried a lot of weird stuff.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
And some of those things will scar you for life...it's ok.
like that one time i was given a loaner earthquake woofer.

we were partying with it :bananahump-slvrathl

then :blowingup:

and it blew white poo all over the inside of my box. smoke was escaping from every place it could. my boat smelt nasty for a month. very funky indeed. i havent ever seen anything blow up that hard in my life. well, we did free air a memphis mojo with like 3000 watts. that actually caught on fire. but that woofer took it for a good two minutes.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I use the XTC baffles on the 6x9's, I feel they work well. I also "ported" the baffles to slow the air down comimg out of the baffle. I heard better mid bass from the 6x9's. I also sound deadened the doors with 2 layers of roadkill expert.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any other suggestions for keeping the moisture off the back of door speakers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts