Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Trab,
Could you post the link for the camera on Amazon? I'm thinking one or two of those would fit in my stocking that is hung with care over the fireplace.......
:)

:cheers:

·
Registered
402 Posts
wow, I forgot all about this thread but yes, that's the camera. Here is a close up of the camera:

·
Registered
115 Posts
It works like a champ. when I hit the switch, it sends 12v to both the camera and the reverse link. I used a 170 degree camera that I got off amazon for 20 bucks. I used a push button switch from Radio Shack to activate everything. I may at some point upgrade and add a rotary selector to switch between other cameras.
Cool beans! I just did the Pioneer 4400 with rear camera but it isn't acting like I think it should :flame:

·
Registered
955 Posts
where would be the best place to source a rotary switch?

I'm thinking of building a setup with 4-5 cameras (overkill?). Im thinking one front and center, and then 1 at each tire... im still debating if thats necessary... anyway,

I was thinking of installing a rotary switch that i could use to click through the various cameras. I assume the cameras only send a signal when they get the 12v power so it would be *fairly* simple wiring for the switch. I'm having trouble finding what i need with google, and radio shack is notorious for ridiculous pricing, and generally pretty bad selection for this kind of stuff.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I originally had rotary switches but opted to change them for a rocker switch. I think I found the rotaries on Ebay, but I can't remember to be honest with you. No worries with over kill...I have 8 cameras :lol: You are correct on the wiring, they only send a signal when powered so you'll just be switching power supply on and off. :cheers:

·
Registered
955 Posts
okay, i think i will try to get started on this tonight...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts