Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Splendid day. Bill and Athena were exemplary tour guides, met some new folks and saw some old folks (Don G :missingto )

Only made it over the first obstacle before running into snow on Spring Creek

Someone was watching over us

Athena's sister came with her BF (Justin I believe) and his cool Jeep with a chopped bed

Parked for lunch

RockyMtnHigh on some steep stuff

Don_G romping on the same

ocr14a (Steven and Karen) in Sandi drove his virgin stock 08 with aplomb

Bill couldn't help himself :D

There's that cool bobbed Jeep...

sdlsatcom (Andi) rang the bell!

More tippy stuff on Red Elephant (my expert spotting cost Jock a tail light :eek: )

And the inevitable snow...

Bill's Snow Pig trophy

It was really a great day. Thanks to all of you folks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks like great fun. I can't wait to meet some of these folks. I work 4 weeks and am off for 2 so I'm only available about 1/3 of the time, but will be at Sruisen Havana on 6/21.
If anyone is interested in doing something in Creede and the surrounding area please let me know. I'm still trying to explore all the trails in the San Juan and La Garita mountains.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
what a blast....but I'd have to say... I was whooped... It was all Andi's fault really...:cool:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
no no it was your fault, i don't encourage or support drinking :)
I guess there wasn't any encouragement... now that I think of it..LOL

It was all me.... didn't stop me from havin fun though!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Great Picts, sorry I couldn't make it.

So is someone saying sdlsatcom was the drunk hillbilly this time?
oh you were there...you just didn't know it...LOL

and no one was drunk..we went out the night before... I personally was whooped/hungover..... but not at the wheel..

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think Joe said in the other thread, Andii was the only that had the pucker factor going on! Not the case at all, this picture was a cheek clencher, doesn't look that bad, but I was high side when I started, it slid down there. Not sure what happened, I followed Tony's line and saw that he slid over too, but no where as much as I did. There was a nice little drop off there to the left.

My wife jumped out and while closing the door said get Eric down here.

The trip was quite an experience for her and me, but I had a blast. My wife has learned the importance of skids, so I maybe getting those a little sooner than expected.

I want to thank everyone for their spotting ability, Bill and Tony even on the way down. Even though he was concerned about the scratch on my tail light, I'd most like to thank Eric he got me threw quite a few hairy spots. I got alot of learning to do on what the FJ will do and won't do.

·
Registered
876 Posts
awwwwwwww snow that looks fun
It is a lot of fun, but for snow bashing around here you need to go the first part of the season when it's still snow, even with a little top crust it aint bad. The snow we're running into in March, April and May is the worst and very hard to pass, it melts, freezes, packs and then you get more snow on top of it and becomes really slick.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
RockyMtnHigh aka "The Stick in the Mud" aka "Butt in the Mud"

LOL

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Lots of off camber stuff! That incline ball got a work out! :) Nicely done folks. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
after all the teeter tottering on this run... I think I've been able to accept it...and not try to brace myself quickly..LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts