Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
461 - 480 of 486 Posts
I have purchased the Cobra75 set including Bandi mount and antenna from Right Channel Radios for the FJ Cruiser. Looking to have the CB installed. Any suggestions? Any member can help with installation. I am in Torrance in Los Angeles. Thanks.
excopoffroad.com has some good install instructions.
Don't do what I did and cut the conduit. Do it the way Nick suggests, you'll be glad you did :)

One more question...sorry. Should the quick disconnect be installed on stud mount first then spring on the disconnect or the opposite. Does it matter or is it just preference?
No worries man! Honestly, with the Firefly you really don't "have" to use the spring at all. We add it to our kits as a matter of preference for some people. If you do install it, I prefer to put the spring on top of the QD. That way when you remove the antenna for whatever reason, you just have the stud on the truck.

Just curious how many HAM operators out there and what you're using your CB's for. 1/2 watt doesn't do much, especially in the hills!

A nice 50W mobile Yaesu or iCom can do wonders and hit repeaters all over.

I've seen a few ham related threads, but mostly CB.

I received all the mounting hardware today from Right Channel Radio for the CB install except for the CB itself (Midland 75-822). As I was inspecting all the components, I realized that the FME connector to the coax is loose and slides off rather easily. Has anyone encounter this and how do you remedy it? Thanks.

Attachments

I received all the mounting hardware today from Right Channel Radio for the CB install except for the CB itself (Midland 75-822). As I was inspecting all the components, I realized that the FME connector to the coax is loose and slides off rather easily. Has anyone encounter this and how do you remedy it? Thanks.
Because they sold you the cheapest thing they can. I hate when I see this from "reputable" shops. Send it back and make them make it right.

The boot between the door and body is easy to take loose so you can do your install cleanly.

How-To: Remove and Reinstall the Rear Door Rubber Boot on an FJ Cruiser - YouTube
that's true, but it doesn't get the antenna wire from the mount into the door - unless you cut a hole into the boot which IMO isn't "clean"
So a small hole from through the door and a grommet brings the cable in from the bracket and THEN into the body via the boot. I've had it like that for years and it never leaked...

Reactions: Vegas_Nick
that's true, but it doesn't get the antenna wire from the mount into the door - unless you cut a hole into the boot which IMO isn't "clean"
So a small hole from through the door and a grommet brings the cable in from the bracket and THEN into the body via the boot. I've had it like that for years and it never leaked...
This guy wins!!! NEVER cut the boot! :rocker::rocker::rocker: The boot is sold only with the harness so if it rips where it is cut... that is a $300 oops!

old thread ... so after reading through 48 pages... There seem to be a variety of places chosen to install the actual transceiver. The most common seems to be under the plastic console . although near glove box and under brake pedal braket were also occasional choices. For the install under the console i couldn't find one picture of where under the console was used and how it was attached to the console or how? double side tape? screws would go through the plastic and no mounting screws even came with the package except for the bracket for the "mike".

So any pics of the actual location and how you attached it. I'm conssidering the little change indent for the coupler? Any suggestions or guidance appreciated.

old thread ... so after reading through 48 pages... There seem to be a variety of places chosen to install the actual transceiver. The most common seems to be under the plastic console . although near glove box and under brake pedal braket were also occasional choices. For the install under the console i couldn't find one picture of where under the console was used and how it was attached to the console or how? double side tape? screws would go through the plastic and no mounting screws even came with the package except for the bracket for the "mike".

So any pics of the actual location and how you attached it. I'm conssidering the little change indent for the coupler? Any suggestions or guidance appreciated.
I believe I attached one end of the transceiver to the e-brake mounting (10mm head) bolt... I had a 07' MT6... just find a good bolt under there to attach it too... :cheers:

I believe I attached one end of the transceiver to the e-brake mounting (10mm head) bolt... I had a 07' MT6... just find a good bolt under there to attach it too... :cheers:

Thank you:)
Ending up attaching below drivers seat nice rail available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bandi
461 - 480 of 486 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.