1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cobra 75wsxt

Plan on ordering the following CB Unit -Cobra 75wxst- Big Bill Combo

I have a question

Do you think it would be possible to have this wired so that you could hear the incoming transmission through your Stereo Speakers ???

Have not seen this unit in person yet but wondering if anyone has done this or attempted?

Using a Avic D3 head unit

Excuse me if this has already been posted - could not find it in search

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Page#9 on the CB manual.
NOTE- Internal Speakers Is MUTED when external speaker is connected.

Also
The external speaker should have a 4-8ohms impedance and be able to handle at least 4 watts.

I wonder if this would have any affect on the aux input of the head unit?
I was think of doing the same for my kenwood via the aux input.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
My guess is that you would have to use a line output converter then go into the HU with that (via a Aux input adap. - or something). You will probably still have an impedence problem. It would be alot easier to just get a CB speaker.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool

Hopefully someone can get it to work eventually and write a install thread

As for me less is more

I am really hoping to use what I have as far as speakers

Use the same thing for my Cell phone - My bluetooth unit sounds great coming out of my speakers.

I know that Uniden is coming out with the Bluetooth CB that should be able to be recognized by the Avic hopefully

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
I'm going to do this when I get my CB, just not through a NAV system. I'm going to find or build a switch that will cutoff the stock AUX in when the CB has sound coming out. This way I can listen to my ipod & still hear the CB.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
If any of you guys are DIY with electronics, you can build them pretty easily (speaker to line converters).

There are two ways:
1) The resistor method - works and probably will be fine, but I like the second method better
2) Audio tap transformer method - the best for matching the impedance differences between line and speaker level signals (diagram) (schematic explanation .doc)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts