Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What i am asking is, does 2.5" lift coilover equal 2.5" spacer as far as ride height goes. I have spacers now and am going to get a set of coilovers. Will the appearence be the same or should i pre set to more or less " to achieve the same stance.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Are you are buying adjustable coilovers? Or replacing the coils?

If you are buying adjustables well then the name sorta says it all and you can set them at whatever height you are looking for within the given range.

If you are doing a spring swap then you are looking at set heights. The OME spring that gives 2.5inches lift would probably be their medium .... maybe886??? For that you should contact Toytec and get specific measurement expectations.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
What i am asking is, does 2.5" lift coilover equal 2.5" spacer as far as ride height goes. I have spacers now and am going to get a set of coilovers. Will the appearence be the same or should i pre set to more or less " to achieve the same stance.

It can look the same or if it is adjustable it can look higher or lower. 2.5" is 2.5" any way you look at it. I have a readylift spacer and lost quite a bit of height when I added the ARB bumper. I am going to an adjustable c/o for a better ride and to compensate for the weight up front.
:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts