Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2007 FJ MT
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am sure this is sort of a stupid question but here we go anyway: I was planning to replace the front shocks on my 2007 fj. Nothing is lifted and so I was going to go with the 4600s... The question is: which coil to use with those shocks? There is one post that says Moog is a bad idea - any other thoughts?

Thanks!

· Premium Member
2011 Trail Teams Manual
56 Posts
I'm a personal fan of ICON springs as I love them on my truck but their springs are all lifted springs. OME has their 2884 front springs that are good for stock ride height

· Registered
768 Posts
Nothing is lifted and so I was going to go with the 4600s... The question is: which coil to use with those shocks? There is one post that says Moog is a bad idea - any other thoughts?
When replacing springs on other Toyota vehicles that I've had, I was able to get Toyota springs from the Toyota dealer at a reasonable price. Is there a reason not to use Toyota springs? Your originals lasted over 200000 miles. They seem to be good quality.

Reactions: norm356

· Vendor
9,677 Posts
They have 200K miles on them. I just replaced the rear shocks and coils and it's certainly a nose down situation right now.
The front end on a stock FJ sits about 2" lower than the rear.

If you want it level I would go with the 5100.

· Registered
2007 FJ MT
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When replacing springs on other Toyota vehicles that I've had, I was able to get Toyota springs from the Toyota dealer at a reasonable price. Is there a reason not to use Toyota springs? Your originals lasted over 200000 miles. They seem to be good quality.
Not really any reason - I will check the prices. Didn't even think about it because dealer prices are usually insane.

The front end on a stock FJ sits about 2" lower than the rear.

If you want it level I would go with the 5100.
I think I want it stock mostly. No serious offroading planned but it does seem to squat rather strongly on the front during hard turning which I attribute to the coil shock assemblies.

· Premium Member
5,081 Posts
"Not really any reason - I will check the prices. Didn't even think about it because dealer prices are usually insane."

check online Toyota prices, usually far cheaper than at the parts counter, here are a few examples:

Note that for your online search the spring is different 2WD vs. 4WD (you didn't specify which you have):
4WD Fr
48131-35541 (RH)
48131-35551 (LH)

2WD Fr
48131-35561 (RH)
48131-35571 (LH)

Norm

· Registered
2007 FJ MT
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Not really any reason - I will check the prices. Didn't even think about it because dealer prices are usually insane."

check online Toyota prices, usually far cheaper than at the parts counter, here are a few examples:

Note that for your online search the spring is different 2WD vs. 4WD (you didn't specify which you have):
4WD Fr
48131-35541 (RH)
48131-35551 (LH)

2WD Fr
48131-35561 (RH)
48131-35571 (LH)

Norm
Yeah just added to the cart on toyotapartsdeal. Thanks for the part number confirmation. I have a 4wd :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.