Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have new 4600 Bilsteins on as stock shocks were soft (plus lots of other new upgraded components I installed due to wear, 2007 model). I put a Smittybilt M1 front and rear bumper and Smittybilt winch on and the front is sagging. It has some sort of slight lift from when I got it used, not sure exactly what was done. 285/70/17 tires. Any suggestions on what stiffer coils I should put on the front and back? I travel and will be towing a trailer a good bit again and carry heavy gear in the vehicle so I would like stiffer ones on the rear as well. BTW, I have had nothing but issues with Smittybilt and 4wheelparts. They sent then emailed me the wrong directions for older models, the welds and angles on the primary bumper/winch cradle and the secondary bumper were off angle and wrongly measured so it won't match up, the winch and bumper had the wrong model directions for install and were missing the updated components to adjust for the changes. The 5 year warranty on the bumper coating was flaking off when I opened the box. It took forever to get to technical help, which then gave me wrong info. Was told to have a mechanic look at it (I have built probably 20 jeeps over my life but am new to the FJ, and love it, just wish it was as big as a 4runner) so I did and he confirmed my suspicions, at a pretty penny. The light wiring harness for the rear bumper lights are too short and I am told it is my issue btw. I was told to go into the 4wheelparts (bought from them and Smittybilt, they are owned by the same people, 3 hr round trip) and they would have another bumper and winch there to replace the defective ones if I was correct. They had me sit there from 9-3:40. Then said I would have to come back and take yet another day off to get the parts but they were just confirming it... I am not pleased with them at all. Very disappointing. They were pretty rude to me in general there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was looking at some Bilstein coils, but they seem to say they fit different shocks than the 4600s.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts