Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the title says it all. I graduate from UNCC with a BA in Health Communications and minoring in Gerontology (anyone with possible job connections let me know; looking for marketing health equipment/technlology or something of the sorts).

Anyway, my buddy and I are leaving on Tuesday, the 13th and going from Charlotte to New Orleans. Staing in New Orleans for a few nights, picking our dads up in Dallas, headed to Carlsbad Caverns, then north to Arizona - specifically the painted desert and petrified forest. Again we will go north to Moab, where we will do some off roading. This is a big reason why I am posting this. I NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS OF TRAILS IN MOAB!

I have been off roading since I was 16 and am fairly confident off the road. However, I am running a basically stock height FJ with MTR's, sliders, ARB, winch, locker and Atrac. I really am not trying to break anything or suffer from any body damage. Anybody have any good suggestions. Also I would like to do some passes in Colorado, specifically Imogene pass and maybe a few others close by.

I am going to be spending most of the summer in Aspen at a friend's condo, but my parents are flying into Salt Lake where I will pick them up to do Yellowstone the same weekend of the Summit - I'm bummed.

Thanks for the help and I appreciate any and all suggestions. I can't do it all, but I surely will try!

Cheers and thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
sounds like an awesome road trip! great way to explore the topography of this great nation! safe travels! if you have internet access, you should keep a running thread with a trip report!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'm graduating in '09 and plan to do the same thing. Down the coast to California-->Vegas--> Ouray-->Moab-->Home. I'm really looking forward to it. Congrats on being finished school!! :cheers:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey Canito, hit me up if you wanna know some ood places to go in New Orleans. I'll point ya in the right direction, hell, I might even meet up with ya for a beer or two!

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
And P.S. Be sure to wave!
Hey dude! You are coming down here to my neck of the woods!!! PM me and maybe we can hook up somewhere for a drink. Hubby and I work ALOT but we are all about having fun!

BTW, congrats on the graduation!!! Our son graduates next year but is rumbling about staying on to get his MBA. Geez.......

Kim:cheers:

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Hey Canito, hit me up if you wanna know some ood places to go in New Orleans. I'll point ya in the right direction, hell, I might even meet up with ya for a beer or two!
That's what I am talking about Nate!!!!!:rocker:

Kim

·
Registered
588 Posts
And if you don't believe me, ask Kim about me... She's seen me the next morning. Wait, that sounds bad, let me clarify: We had our paint mod the morning after a good bender... There, that sounds better...

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
And if you don't believe me, ask Kim about me... She's seen me the next morning. Wait, that sounds bad, let me clarify: We had our paint mod the morning after a good bender... There, that sounds better...
Yeah Nate, that sounds much better!!! :rofl:

Nate can definitely show you the "fun" spots in New Orleans, so look him up! Me, I am just a good room mom!

Kim:wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts