Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear anything with respect to what colors will be more or less available? I remember when the New Beetle came out, yellow was selling for 4-6 grand above MSRP, while black would sell for "only" a grand above sticker because it was much more common. I wonder if the same sort of thing will happen with the FJ....and whether the blue or yellow will be more rare, etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Thats a good question. I have always wondered how they determine how many vehicles are going to be a certain color. Since the Fj will not be available in tradiational balck or white, I am very curious as well !!

Has anyone been apart of any official polls from Toyota ?!?!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
279 Posts
This is the color mix I was told by a sales buddy last month. Go down about 3 pages under "Specs" to see that Thread. How acurate.....who knows!!
But if you compare it to what the poll on this site shows.....pretty darn close.

FJ CRUISER COLOR MIX Launch

Titanium Metallic 35%

Black Cherry Pearl 10%

Sun Fusion 10%

Voodoo Blue 20%

Black Diamond 25%
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EJR said:
This is the color mix I was told by a sales buddy last month. Go down about 3 pages under "Specs" to see that Thread. How acurate.....who knows!!
But if you compare it to what the poll on this site shows.....pretty darn close.

FJ CRUISER COLOR MIX Launch

Titanium Metallic 35%

Black Cherry Pearl 10%

Sun Fusion 10%

Voodoo Blue 20%

Black Diamond 25%

ok so I've been wanting a cherry stickshift 4x4. So basically....um....I'm screwed lol......maybe blue will have to do...I think the silver looks terrible and just like every other suv out there. I don't know why they'd do so much of it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
My nephew heard from a friend's mother who works at a car wash next to a Toyota dealership that the colors were going to be more like:

FJ CRUISER COLOR MIX Launch

Purple Haze 35%
Burnt Sienna 10%
Swirlin' Strawberry Starfruit 10%
Orange Mango Tango 20%
Tazo Chai Tea Eggnog 25%


Point being...sounds like wild speculation from an unverifiable source with a link that has probably been "lost" if you know what I mean.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like the special-edition Starbucks FJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
csherrill said:
My nephew heard from a friend's mother who works at a car wash next to a Toyota dealership that the colors were going to be more like:

FJ CRUISER COLOR MIX Launch

Purple Haze 35%
Burnt Sienna 10%
Swirlin' Strawberry Starfruit 10%
Orange Mango Tango 20%
Tazo Chai Tea Eggnog 25%


Point being...sounds like wild speculation from an unverifiable source with a link that has probably been "lost" if you know what I mean.

VERY GOOD THANK YOUY
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
279 Posts
I didn't know eggnog was a choice, now I have to decide all over again. :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EJR said:
I didn't know eggnog was a choice, now I have to decide all over again. :confused:
lol sounds kinda like the tan that everyone wants

I guess they could call it eggnog with whipped cream since the top is white

(I need to go home)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
What is truely sad is that I would take almost any of those colors and actually look forward to a few, rather than the palete that has been presented to us
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Meowzebub said:
What is truely sad is that I would take almost any of those colors and actually look forward to a few, rather than the palete that has been presented to us
I have nothing more to say on this topic, but...
Meowzebub, that is one crazy Avatar. I am renaming you...Psycho Kitty !!!
Welcome to the forums-(anyone with that avatar can't be too bad )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,874 Posts
bubbahotep said:
Thats a good question. I have always wondered how they determine how many vehicles are going to be a certain color. Since the Fj will not be available in tradiational balck or white, I am very curious as well !!

Has anyone been apart of any official polls from Toyota ?!?!

I thought we had mentioned this one before - like a couple of hundred times - but just in case we have new users to our tiny little enthusiast community here....

Toyota and their marketing department read our forum regularly. They seemed impressed with our quest for information and somewhat happy with the discussions about this beastie that we have had. So - just keep on keepin' on. I would bet that toyota will use information they gather from the enthusiast community from this forum and others to assist them in making decisions for the direction of this vehicle and it's marketing in years to come.

That being said, they have also stated that they plan to release one special edition each year that this vehicle is in production and that over the course of it's production life new colors may come available. I don't think we will see a lot of different color choices in the first year. The only one we have confirmed is the all black special edition that should be coming out in the summer of 2006 that was originally to be called the Moab edition. However, another manufacturer has already claimed the "moab" name so they will not be calling it the moab edition.

That is about it for official information on colors. I can't believe how concerned everyone seems to be about color. I'm so excited about the FJ they could have only offered pastels and I'd still get one - granted, it might have been spray canned flat black before the end of the month, but... that's my take on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
OMG that thing scares me....bad avatar...well i really cavn't take credit for my color marketing...I'd also like to thank:

jimmy hendrix - listening to him at work today
bob ross - if you know you know
kool-aid
crayola - for Prat
and of course star bucks for all the wha! wha! wha! i need heated seats...wha! I need ten cup holders....I kid...kinda.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Sorry Percy. I was being Sarcastic to the question :D I should have said that ! Sorry you typed all that info again.... :eek:
My bad !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,874 Posts
Bob's gonna roll over in his grave the first time you take out one of his "happy little trees" with your FJ.

YOU ROCK csherrill. I vote that after the entire forum has their FJ's we get together for camping/barbecue/offroad event where we can all party down and meet one another. This is one of the coolest groups of misfits on the net - of that I am certain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,874 Posts
It's cool Bubba - I type pretty fast - hazard of the industry.

Besides, probably beneficial info for our newby's or are we calling them F.N.G.'s in an effort to be more PC?

PM me if you need help figuring out F.N.G. - it surely isn't broadcast acceptable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
Sorry Percy, it's BubbaHT that wants pink.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,874 Posts
Again, I don't care what color it is. Just produce the thing already!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
bubbahotep said:
I have nothing more to say on this topic, but...
Meowzebub, that is one crazy Avatar. I am renaming you...Psycho Kitty !!!
Welcome to the forums-(anyone with that avatar can't be too bad )
Glad I was able to shake the place up with a little avatar raz-ma-taz. I have been lurking here from almost the beginning, but finally broke down and registered.

And as I say, any Bruce Campbell fan can't be too bad either. ;)
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top