·
Registered
2,165 Posts
What??? I don't get...:thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
What??? I don't get...:thinkerg:
I "edited" my post because I didn't feel my post complied with Dragon's guidline for posting in this forum:
I'd Like to Tell Toyota... This is for constructive suggestions to be made to Toyota regarding the FJ Cruiser. This is a flame free forum and heavily moderated. Nonsensical posts as well as 'empty' posts of no real value will be removed (not in this thread, but in the beneficial ones). We're hoping that Toyota will be able to use this as a tool for future changes / improvements.
I was going to comment on how I liked the white roof and hope they didn't change it, but I wasn't sure if I'd violate the guidline.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe it's a valid suggestion, as evidenced by feedback I've received re: the aesthetics of the vehicle. The basic styling is fantastic, and I believe will stand the test of time, but the color matching on the standard FJ is simply too "busy" for some tastes, myself included.

I also believe it's a valid, and constructive, critique that we should not have to pay extra for something that should not incur extra manufacturing costs

·
Registered
127 Posts
Did the fj 40s all have white grills? If so maybe the Cruisers should of copied that. Then people could paint over the white.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nothing new here, just differences of opinion and the same old dead horse. like it, cool, dont like it, paint it. thats all.

Well, thankfully, the thread is about what "I'd like to tell Toyota", not about our differences of opinion. Dead horse, or not, I would assume they are listening, as they are as progressive as any company with a keen appreciation for a variety of customer preferences. The market currently supports color matched FJ's in the considerably more expensive TT version, and this may continue for a while as demand dictates. But given the tough times looming in this market, competitiveness, and dwindling sales, I would imagine they might have to rethink things.

Aesthetics are far more important than many of us readily admit, including the decision to buy or not to buy (even with your option of "don't like it, paint it") and I think Toyota understands this well.

Ps, No-one's yet to tell me they don't really like the color scheme on my TT, except for the silver bling plate, which I promptly blacked out

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
....oh wait, they did. Ballooned the price and called it a TT

...and yet I still had to have one. Brilliant marketing Toyota!
I like the TT they upgraded the shocks, blacked out the bezel and mirrors, added a rear skid plate, I am not sure what else they did to them other than making them all white. But it is a great looking FJ, sort of like the trd black ones they did, except in white.. I think it is a good idea. kind gives some, a way to stand out, and a few something different or more unique. and thats cool too. and even though i love the sunfusions, if I had the cash I would have also added a Black trd and a tt edition. But I like them all. too many colors and options makes it hard, however I am totally happy with my selection as I am sure others are with theirs. So I do not think any intimidation should be at hand here .

Enjoy it no matter what color or scheme it may be.. Keep the fun in it,:bandit:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the TT they upgraded the shocks, blacked out the bezel and mirrors, added a rear skid plate, I am not sure what else they did to them other than making them all white. But it is a great looking FJ, sort of like the trd black ones they did, except in white.. I think it is a good idea. kind gives some, a way to stand out, and a few something different or more unique. and thats cool too. and even though i love the sunfusions, if I had the cash I would have also added a Black trd and a tt edition. But I like them all. too many colors and options makes it hard, however I am totally happy with my selection as I am sure others are with theirs. So I do not think any intimidation should be at hand here .

Enjoy it no matter what color or scheme it may be.. Keep the fun in it,:bandit:
I hear ya. I like sunfusion too. And I'm happy that owners are happy with their color schemes. But imagine the TT without the colormatch. Do you think they would command the price they do? BTW, I think a fusion would look awesome with a color-matched roof and blacked out trim and rims. Hey, who knows, could be a future TT/TRD edition?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I believe it's a valid suggestion, as evidenced by feedback I've received re: the aesthetics of the vehicle. The basic styling is fantastic, and I believe will stand the test of time, but the color matching on the standard FJ is simply too "busy" for some tastes, myself included.

I also believe it's a valid, and constructive, critique that we should not have to pay extra for something that should not incur extra manufacturing costs
I think it's a bit busy as well. If all the silver stuff was white like the roof I think that would be better. Add my opinion to the pile:)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
yep...i like white roof... it is tradition for FJ40 Landcruisers which the FJC was based....and it is great to deflect heat from brutal sun in some parts of country.

i agree on silver trim though....black it out!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I actually like the white roof. It provides a styling link to the past 'cruisers.
My FJ is brick and I find it a pleasing contrast. In addition, its easier to find in the parking lot:lol: and its cooler in the summer. I live in Florida and it gets friggin hot during the summer. I'm sure the black interior doesn't help.
As far as the silver end pieces of trim on the dash - it breaks up the blackness- and the paint matched centre trim piece. But than again thats only my opinion.
For a design, I think the FJ is very iconic. I glad Toyota brought it back. Everyone should get the Toyota FJ Cruiser book. Its very insightful, as it shows how the designers developed the exterior and interior.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The only thing I have to add is add a red and a green color to the line-up. And a winch bumper as an option. Thank you and have a good night.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts