Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Looks great Douglas. I still think you need to work on your build up thread! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Looks sweet!!!:rocker: I like the idea!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Original way to be the first im sure alot of people will copy.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Check that out! Nice job! Now that I see how that looks monocolor, if I ever do a snorkel, I will strongly consider that option. My only concern would be how badly will it get scratched on the trail? Will that be a constant battle keeping that thing painted after each ride?

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice job.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Looks great Doug. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
367 Posts
outstanding! I ordered my voodoo blue rattle can paint from the same place about a week ago...just trying to find some time to get er done!

Can you share the technique you used, and how everything is holding up?

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice rig looks awesome
Thank you very much newfiefjtt.

Excellent!!!!!
Thank you NBFJCruz. BTW, how is your Magaritaville? :)

Looks great Douglas. I still think you need to work on your build up thread! :bigthumb:
Yeah Tony. I just don't have any but one or two DIY mods so I've been thinking there's not much info to share. But, I guess I should do the thread anyways, huh? Gotta make the time now.

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Check that out! Nice job! Now that I see how that looks monocolor, if I ever do a snorkel, I will strongly consider that option. My only concern would be how badly will it get scratched on the trail? Will that be a constant battle keeping that thing painted after each ride?

Howls,
FJ Wolf
Howls :rofl:. I've not been on any trail with branches that "reach out and touch someone"! But, I'd imagine that it would get tons of scratches, being it sticks out so much.

Nice job.
Thank you Ramjet.

Looks great Doug. :bigthumb:
Thanks wesayso .... if you say so :lol:.

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
outstanding! I ordered my voodoo blue rattle can paint from the same place about a week ago...just trying to find some time to get er done!

Can you share the technique you used, and how everything is holding up?

OK Wheeler, I gotta tell you: stupid of me I got so excited getting it out of the box, I skipped the priming and got directly to painting it. :bangin:

But, this his how I think it should be done:

1. A few coats of plastic primer.
2. Several or more coats of the paint. Each coat should be thin and even. And, wait at least 20 mins between coats.
3. Wait at least one hour, then apply several layers of top clear coat (I used "Dupli-Color Truck, Van & SUV clear top coat"). The clear coat will definitely give it a nice and shiny finish to match your truck's paint.

I used up four cans of Sun Fusion! Yeah ... it was an expensive job!
I must have done a dozen thin coats over a period of 2 months cause it was just sitting there anyway, waiting for me to have the time to have it installed.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Damn.........! I have heard people talk about the yellow snorkel. Have never seen it in person. Have not even seen you around in months, come to think about it. Your rig is looking suppa pimp. One of the more well built up, cleaner rigs I have seen. What was that like a $200.00 do-it-yourself paint job? Ouch! My coworker Mike states he has spotted you a few times in last few months around town. He always tells me of the yellow snorkeled, silver winch bumper FJ he sees with Rockstars. lol. peace out brotha!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts