Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks everyone who offered to help in installing my ICON lift kit. I think we have a site and a date.
Please let me know if this time works:

March 12 (Saturday) am.
Location is off Jordan Road south of Arapahoe Road.

I have secured a heated warehouse to use that morning (thanks anyway FJR Colorado)

I hope this works out with Mousetrap, Tray, FJinCO, mountain mike, ocr14a and the rest of you with experience in the install. The more eyes and hands the better.

I'll bring ratchet wrenches, compressor, air tools, floor stands, 2x jacks, Table, cooler :cheers: (for that last instruction), lights, and some misc tools, Camera for documentation

I also have my Cobra CB ready as well. FJC Boulder has his LR UCA's for install too.

Cheers

PM me if you can make it and I'll send you the address to the location and perhaps we can meet there around 9.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Bummer, I will be on my way back from Vegas that day. Don't know my schedule that week for sure, but I might be able to fly back the day before. I'll know more as we get closer.....

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Wow, a heated warehouse?!?
I'm in for sure.

I have replacement front and rear bumper wings to install. Could I do that there on that day if there's time (and if I haven't already gotten to it by then)?

In any case, it's on my calendar, and I'll be there (either to help, or at least take pics....I think it would be great to try to do some really good documentation of it for the forum....maybe mini video segments pointing out the various pieces and places involved, etc).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon!

I live in Denver and, as of 4 days ago, am a proud new owner of a 2008 FJ Cruiser.

I would love the opportunity to come by during your install to introduce myself and continue to learn more about the FJ from experienced owners. If you have space and don't mind a rookie, let me know.

I could not be more excited!

Ben

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to have you in the forum Let the mods begin.

The more we can get there the better. We should hopefully have time to look at a few things. With enough people there we could all share our expertise in mods for our FJ's. Wheeling will be right around the corner.

I'd also like to look at suggestions on adding a couple 12v outlets as well.

We'll also possible need a tie rod puller and anything else anybody has to make the suspension add on easier.

I'll also have a few torque wrenches.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Anyone care if I stop by after work also to introduce myself and check thinks out, i go by there often as my horse is a few blocks down from there

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The more people at this event the better. If you're thinking about mods or have a few things to install, bring it down. The place won't have any tools available so bring what you need. If we get enough people we should have lots of help.

As we get closer I'll reach out to those who have PM'd me to get you the address and directions to the location.

I don't know how long we'll be there, so get there earlier.

If you have modified your rig and want to bring it to show your work, that'll help those of us who are thinking of more DIY projects.

This should be a great way to meet forum members along the front range.

See you then

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sounds like fun! I have family coming in for a ski trip so I can't make it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sounds like a good time, would love to swing by. Would like to see the lift install, i am going to be replacing my shocks ans struts in the near future

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Still trying to coordinate with the ex, but as long as I don't have my kids that weekend, I'll be there for sure.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would like to stop in and check the build out

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We are still on schedule for March 12 for the garage build. Hopefully everyone who is still committed to participate in the build on that Saturday.

We are looking for help in suspension install help and if you have experience in electrical work that would be great. We need to look at 3m t-taps and examples of how those work. Tapping into the fuse box is an area that would be helpful too. We'll try to route a cb connection from the Bandi Mount to the consule too.

Let me know if you can make. I have a list to give the location as we get closer. Look forward to seeing everyone there who can make it.
Cheers. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
maybe someone could help me with the bandi mount for the cb, im getting it next week for my birthday but dont know how to hook it up, also anyone know how to take out the cover surounding the stereo? Id like to add some downward facing leds to light up the switches

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
I'm still in.
I can help with routing a Bandi install and CB cable routing......that's what I have, and we can just examine mine to see how it's done.........I was there, taking part, but it was mainly installed by a couple other FJ buddies one year in Ouray prior to the Summit.

...also, I have another CB antenna mount that I won at the Summit last year that I think I want to finally install (to replace my Bandi mount), and I may do that on this day.....we'll see.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've got my kit from Walcott too. Looking to install that if we have time. At least see where to run everything.
Let me know if yo can make it. Looks like we have a good group showing up.
Does Autozone or the Pep bros have a good electrical kit for our use or would it be better to order something ala carte?

I have wire stripping and crimping pliers I can bring too.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great. I got the tire rack for the garage early last week and need to install it as soon as I get home. The garage build should be fun and a chance to meet everyone.

What did you find out about the TPMS on the new rims?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I found some for a good price, but I drive the FJ more offroad than on so I am going to do a pressurized pipe setup to get rid of the lights later on. For now I will live with the light being on. If anyone in this garage club is needing a set of new stock struts and shocks, I have mine that came off the FJ a month after getting it.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts