Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up Saran Wrap near Cripple Creek last month. See you in Ouray next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is that Saran Wrap or Eagle Rock? Saran Wrap is just a short little spurt trail that loops back down and hits Eagle Rock, netiher are really that close to Cripple Creek either, the dirt road that took you there (Old Stage Rd) does go to Cripple Creek but it is a long drive, they are acutally right outside of Co Springs and right in my backyard!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that Saran Wrap or Eagle Rock? Saran Wrap is just a short little spurt trail that loops back down and hits Eagle Rock, netiher are really that close to Cripple Creek either, the dirt road that took you there (Old Stage Rd) does go to Cripple Creek but it is a long drive, they are acutally right outside of Co Springs and right in my backyard!
We were camping in Woodland Park and headed south to this trail. I saw the turn off to Cripple Creek so I thought we were close. I realize now we were closer to the Springs.

I believe we were on Saran Wrap. We started up the trail and took a hard right up the hill (just before the dead end) and then turned right again and wrapped around the mountain. I'm sure we crossed over to Eagle Rock at some point as we came out at the watercrossing next to the road.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah you were on Saran Wrap, its just a small loop trail that runs back down to the entrance area of Eagle Rock. If you came out through the water crossing (mini pond) then you exited on the Eagle Rock entrance. Had you turned around followed that trail all the way through you would have exited down Mt Baldy back to Old Stage Rd, and you could have hit some spur trails to the Almagre Mountain trail which is a cool short trail to an awesom look out over Co Springs and all the way to Kansas (the lookout is at 12,349 ft elevation). It also leads to a lot of other trails that run back to the reservoirs and some cool camping areas.

Next time you're in the area shoot me a PM and I'll play tourguide with our FJ!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the offer. I will probablt take you up on it next year. I run with a small group of guys that drive FJ40s with Chevy V-8s and older Toyota Pick-Ups. I'm the only one with an FJ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts