Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
They use to get together and do meet and greets. Shane 4x4, and Mountain Mike I think did a few. There is deffinatly enough people in the area to get a club or group together. There are a few of us that get together it seemed like at least once a month to do trail runs when the trails are passable. If people would like to, I am going to be home in about three weeks and would love to get together with other locals and others from up north. Since I am always gone on the big event dates, I don't get a chance to meet some people.
By the way, welcome to the forum. There is a lot of great people in the area if you need help or answers.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I don't think there is a real club. But if someone wanted to start one I would for sure join. I think having a little organization is good, that's why I joined colorado land cruiser's. You also get a chance to help out the forest service on the trails a couple times a year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Im new on here and Im moving to Colorado Springs around June and would like to join a fj club

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Hello Im new on here and Im moving to Colorado Springs around June and would like to join a fj club
Welcome to the forum and look forward to you getting out to the Springs.

An real club would be nice. I like the way the cu club has a section dedicated to pictures of each trip together in one place. Maybe incorperate it to be a Front Range club so that it incorperates everyone up through Denver and Loveland.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I feel that we have already had a good group get together over the last couple years. We do trail runs, get togethers, meet and greets, trail repair, and beers too. Most of the info has always been posted up here and anyone and everyone is always welcome. I guess you can call it the unofficial Colorado FJ club without all the BS of membership dues, meetings, elections, and of course the drama.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
I feel that we have already had a good group get together over the last couple years. We do trail runs, get togethers, meet and greets, trail repair, and beers too. Most of the info has always been posted up here and anyone and everyone is always welcome. I guess you can call it the unofficial Colorado FJ club without all the BS of membership dues, meetings, elections, and of course the drama.
Boom, I agree.

·
Registered
83 Posts
As do I.

·
Registered
504 Posts
i can agree with wanting to have a local club to the extent that you then have a group of friends to talk shop with over beers or even work on trucks together and not have to drive for an hour just to do it. as for trail runs we have a pretty good group so far, just like FJinCO says. i'm in for a colorado springs group but not anything serious. we have a wealth of knowledge down here and i for one am more than willing to host local projects at my house or my hobby shop. drama happens no matter what, the key is to not get so bent out of shape over dumb things.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ahh were all getting the itch to go wheeling.......FJinCO said it best. Just pick a spot and advertise and folks will show up.

Hey FJinCO are you the fella that had a unfortunate bungee cord accident last year at the Summit? Was wondering if you had ever posted any picts of the convoy we all were in. Sorry if I have the wrong guy. PM me.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Sure. When I get to my computer, I'll get some pics posted..... Get people itching for wheeling and the summit. I think I have a good one of your gear and an FJ hiding in there somewhere.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like there are plenty of FJ'ers in COS ready for some wheeling and camping this summer!

I wasn't suggesting anything formal if it doesn't exist already. Just seeing who was out there that was interested in hanging out this year on the trail.

I am starting a new job soon anyway, so won't have time to be in a formal club thing... but we have kind of an informal club on Facebook for camping in Colorado if anybody wants to join. Search for "Colorado Rocky Mountain High" -- it's a drinking club with a major camping problem ;) haha... Most members love to 4-wheel!

Here's that link -> http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=114951695202

- Hakrjak

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
who doesn't love to camp. Ill check it out. hopefully come september I will be home on a permanent basis. There is a trail run getting together around the 26th this month in the springs area if anyone is interested. If you can't make it on the weekend, I will most likely be getting out during the weekdays as well. All the work on the fj should be completed by then so I got to take her out and get her dirty.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Hey all, add us to the list. We just traded a TJ for the FJ and we have a lot to learn and a lot to do to get it trail worthy.
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
i would be down for a springs club to

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Ahh were all getting the itch to go wheeling.......FJinCO said it best. Just pick a spot and advertise and folks will show up.

Hey FJinCO are you the fella that had a unfortunate bungee cord accident last year at the Summit? Was wondering if you had ever posted any picts of the convoy we all were in. Sorry if I have the wrong guy. PM me.
Sure. When I get to my computer, I'll get some pics posted..... Get people itching for wheeling and the summit. I think I have a good one of your gear and an FJ hiding in there somewhere.
Was that the convoy on the way to Summit or on the way home?

...a lot to do to get it trail worthy.
I guess that's a bit debatable ...especially among this crowd. :lol:
It all depends on what kinds of trails you're planning on running too.

Of course, we all want to mod them as much as we can afford (at least a lift and some skid plates), but if you've never taken it off-road yet, you may be surprised at what it can do when completely stock.

Don't sell the FJ Cruiser (or your own off-roading skills) too short. As long as you're smart and careful, go ahead and have some fun with it before you mod it, just so you know what it's like when trailing with newbie-stockers in the future, if nothing else.

At any rate, welcome to FJ life. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 116 Posts