Votes: 48 13.1%
  • Grey Metalic

Votes: 43 11.7%
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Place your vote on colors that you would like to see the FJ offered in. Remember Toyota reads this site and if we get more votes showing people want different options it will show them what their core market (you) is looking for.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyota has the colors already there we need to show them we want the options for the release. Remember future releases need more features not new colors. They can do anything they just need to know how big a factor this is for their early adopter/ core crowd. I'm going to find the right guys at Calty and Torrance and put together a letter writing deal, this is a huge deal to big corps. They have to fight each and every feature/option/color with the HQ is Japan so any help we can give them is appreciated. They are just as big of Cruiser fans as any of us; these guys have been spending everyday working on this thing for almost what like 5 years.

Vote Early and Vote Often.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hmmm lets see,............. I'll take ahhh MINT GREEN OR ALPINE WHITE ummm...or maybe i'll take FREEBORN RED, aah HORIZON BLUE?...naaa..SMURF BLUE...YEAAAA....ohh...SAHARA TAN an..an...an DUNE BEIGE...ohh HELL YES!!...MUSTARD YELLOW,OLIVE BROWN AND FOREST GREEN???.....well......

They all look BAD ASS.....but i got to go with the DUNE BEIGE.......(color code 416), in case you need to know..........toyota paint guys :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
A light green would be my first choice, followed by tan or a decent red. My present '68 Chevy pickup is a light grayish green with white trim.

·
Registered
46 Posts
okay, my choice is not represented...what about good ol'black? I'm finding it hard to believe (even with Toyota trying to keep a few threads true to the origins) that black won't be a choice out the gate. I'm hoping....

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
not to worry bobbi. from the latest infirmation, pre and post 12/26 press embargo(big yawn) black will be offered initially, with a white roof of course. Maybe a special edition, fancy pants package, shiny all black release later.

But why in the hell would anyone want black? For some reason it reminds me of that old song "She was black as the night, Louie was whiter than white..."

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
The green is awesome, but I'm not waiting, I want yellow!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Why black, well I don't have the luxury of being able to own 2 vehicles and work in an industry where I have to tote clients around (and act half way professional). That said I'm already riding the fringes with the FJ, smurf blue would push me over the cliff and I don't think any package Toyota can offer could handle that!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
but bobbi if you got the Warn XD9000 winch you could rappel your FJC, and yourself, and even a couple of clients, over and down that cliff, even in your 4"ers. I'm not recommending any such thing however.

So showing real estate in a FJC? Interesting. I would think you could get by with the titanium silver too, and it wouldn't show road grime as bad in the winter. I would dig an agent that drove me around in an FJC, even if it were black.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I'm with you.... A real estate agent/flight attendant in an FJ.... That's too cool for school.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been thinking about the silver, since 3 days at the airport parking lot makes for a serious layer of jet fuel and dust. I just think that the black molding stands out too much and I could see silver and chrome but I'm not feeling the silver and powder coated silver accents. Did I mention that I'm in Design? It's all about the flow.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Aunt Ruby is feeling left out. Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself.

so bobbi, how about the design of the FJC wrt feng shui? Have you thought about it?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts