Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
The FJ cruiser is due for release in Australia in March and i am definitely buying one and will place my order as soon as i can decide on a colour.
The colours i can't decide between are Titanuim, Army green or Sandstorm.
Can any one on the forums tell me for sure if there is any difference in paint colour between a 2011 Sandstorm and the earlier Sandstorm?ie years 2009,2010.I have searched all the photo gallery's and it is very hard to tell if there is a difference.Any pictures of a 2011 alongside a 2009 or 2010 would be greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance for any help,also if any one has any questions on the Aussie version i will be glad to answer them.
Regards
Snowyx5

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Here in the USA the new sand color is called Quicksand and is much darker than the original Sandstorm color.

I much prefer the new color because it is very close to the original FJ 40 tan color of old.

I always thought the Sandstorm color was too pale (sorry guys JMHO).

If I was to get a new FJC I would get the Quicksand color.

You can see it on the US Toyota page as well.

Check out this thread:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/picture-media-post/122698-2011-fj-pics-4-colors.html

-

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Personally I didn't like the Titanium. I thought it was too light. When they switched to Fresco Silver here in the US, it was darker and in the end what I ended up with.

Had they had the Quicksand last year and not Sandstorm, I'd have had a much rougher time deciding, as I really like the new color.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Personally if your looking for the perfect color I would have to say choose Black Cherry! It closely resembles the other colors but it gives you and your FJ "Special Powers". Like the power of flight, " If you go fast enough " and women are irisistably drawn to you "If you drink enough booze it makes you think they are and thats what counts". Or you could go with another color if you dont want any of this to happen. In hind-sight, maybe I should have gone with silver..............:thinkerg: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Welcome aboard, mate! :cheers:

I am partial to Army Green. But like Tray, I would probably have done a bit more waffling between colors if they had the Quicksand when I bought. But I probably still would have gone with AG. But for Oz, I think Quicksand might be the color of choice.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of FJs down under!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Personally if your looking for the perfect color I would have to say choose Black Cherry! It closely resembles the other colors but it gives you and your FJ "Special Powers". Like the power of flight, " If you go fast enough " and women are irisistably drawn to you "If you drink enough booze it makes you think they are and thats what counts". Or you could go with another color if you dont want any of this to happen. In hind-sight, maybe I should have gone with silver..............:thinkerg: :lol:
LMAO! Hello and welcome. I have a 08 Sandstorm which is lighter than the New Quicksand which is darker and IMO "richer". The interesting part will be what kind of donk is offered down under. Put some pix up when you get your FJ.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Quicksand/Sandstorm - whatever the color turns out to be in Oz.

Mine is Titanium, but it's an 07 and you have much broader (and better) options these days.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once i decide on the colour and place the order i should take delivery in March,this is the official launch date in Australia.To answer your question on which engine we will have in Oz, it will be the exact same engine as you guys have, the v6 petrol,no diesel option.Our colour range does not include white and your colour Quicksand will be called Sandstorm here.Your colour Silver Fresco will be called Titanuim here.We will recieve only one model,they will all be automatics,all four wheel drives and all will be fitted with the alloy wheels as standard,as well as reversing camera and rear parking sensors.I have my number plates already,FJ4LTR,and cannot wait to post photos when i finaly pick it up,the wait is killing me
regards to all
snowyx5

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Thx for the info. I was really wanted to see an FJ offered with a diesel option. I hope the wait passes quickly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I take it that the FJC will be offered in Right Hand Drive down under then? could that mean it will one day make its way to the UK I wonder.... diesel would be the cherry on the cake!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Once i decide on the colour and place the order i should take delivery in March,this is the official launch date in Australia.To answer your question on which engine we will have in Oz, it will be the exact same engine as you guys have, the v6 petrol,no diesel option.Our colour range does not include white and your colour Quicksand will be called Sandstorm here.Your colour Silver Fresco will be called Titanuim here.We will recieve only one model,they will all be automatics,all four wheel drives and all will be fitted with the alloy wheels as standard,as well as reversing camera and rear parking sensors.I have my number plates already,FJ4LTR,and cannot wait to post photos when i finaly pick it up,the wait is killing me
regards to all
snowyx5
Since they're sticking you guys with the old color options (at least old for us), I'd definitely go with the Green then.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
good luck picking the right one for you... I'd love to get a hold of a right-hand drive from AU.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi
Yes they will only be sold in Oz as right hand drives,i am not sure if they will be sold in England,i would assume so, i suppose it depends on currency
regards
AUSSIE CRUISER
(ex snowyx5)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts