Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for some people who may have possibly done a relocation of their compass gauge cluster to somewhere in the area above the rear view mirror, similar to the design of a Nissan GQ patrol. I've removed the gauge cluster and replaced it with a TPMS screen and designed a housing then 3D printed it (see attached photo). I did this because I found the cluster to be bulky and it can sometimes interfere with the already limited field of view of the FJ. Now I was wondering if I extended the wiring of the original harness for the gauge cluster, will that affect the temp gauge and the compass at all? Has anyone else done something like this? Any tips on how to go about it? Any help is appreciated as I cannot find any info on anyone doing something like this. TIA

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,933 Posts
That would be an interesting mod. I think if you are successful in extending the harness to your alternate location, the cluster would work. However, depending on positioning, your inclinometer and compass may be off...

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be an interesting mod. I think if you are successful in extending the harness to your alternate location, the cluster would work. However, depending on positioning, your inclinometer and compass may be off...
I initially thought about mounting it upside down yes, but then I thought about the compass aswell. So I would be mounting it in the original upright position, then designing a housing that would hopefully hide the harness connection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.