Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I successfully reset my compass, in that it now gives the correct direction. However, I can't get the word "COMPASS" to stop flashing on the temperature display. WTF? I just want it to go away. Tried consulting the manual but it does not address this specific symptom. And tried all sorts of combinations of holding down buttons for a few seconds, for many seconds, simultaneously, one at a time, restarting the engine--bupkus. Anyone had this problem and know of a solution?

·
Premium Member
11,018 Posts
G'day Mate,
Sounds to me as if you have not reset the compass ....
could be worth trying to reset it again.....
Thats all I got, hopefully someone else may have an answer
cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I assume you set your geographical region as well?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Not trying to sound like a smart *** but if you follow the directions in your owners manual you will set it and get it to stop flashing. You will need to drive in a complete circle to complete the process.

It took me a few tries to get it right, keep with it and you'll get it to stop flashing.

GL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks to all. It's definitely quirky. As I mentioned, I had driven in circles at least 10 times to no avail. Today, I decided to do the "around the block" maneuver. After the first turn, it appears the compass calibrated correctly and "COMPASS" stopped blinking. But I never did the complete 360!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way, in trying to figure out why the compass went askew in the first place...and the battery was never disconnected...I wonder if my use of a yellow revolving beacon placed between the compass panel and the windshield caused some type of electrical interference. I'm betting that was the problem. Maybe a word to the wise: Don't put your smartphone or any other electrical device in that space. No vibrator jokes, please.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,018 Posts
By the way, in trying to figure out why the compass went askew in the first place...and the battery was never disconnected...I wonder if my use of a yellow revolving beacon placed between the compass panel and the windshield caused some type of electrical interference. I'm betting that was the problem. Maybe a word to the wise: Don't put your smartphone or any other electrical device in that space. No vibrator jokes, please.
G'day.
Maybe it was just the glare off the beacon you were seeing ?

anyway, you got it fixed, and next time you disconnect the battery.... you can do it all over again.... :lol:
Thats why I have not bothered to reset my compass in the last 2 years ..... drives the wife nuts, :rofl:

cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Thanks Folks. I've had the same problem with mine don't know exactly when it started to blink or I've just lived with it for 2 years now. :flame: @ my self for not doing something about it before now. Just like ICE_BURG said maybe pulling the manual out. But I will now Thanks ICE :bigthumb: for taking it easy on us AZ Guys that Sun it's taking it's tole

1 - 14 of 14 Posts