Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 TT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello FJ Forum Members!

I'm new to the forum and I was guided here to ask the people of this forum for help.

I'm looking to install a tow hitch on my 2010 Trail Teams edition FJ Cruiser. I would like to use the black valance cover (PT228-35110-HC) instead of using the silver version that comes with most of the kits. I think the silver would look tacky with my black TT theme.

Here lies the problem: every site I go to says it isn't compatible with my 2010 FJ. They list the part working with 2011 FJs and newer. I reached out to some Toyota staff that sell parts online and they referred me here, even after I provided my VIN to them.

Does anyone know why this part would not work for my rig?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Pure FJ Cruiser says it works for all years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Hello FJ Forum Members!

I'm new to the forum and I was guided here to ask the people of this forum for help.

I'm looking to install a tow hitch on my 2010 Trail Teams edition FJ Cruiser. I would like to use the black valance cover (PT228-35110-HC) instead of using the silver version that comes with most of the kits. I think the silver would look tacky with my black TT theme.

Here lies the problem: every site I go to says it isn't compatible with my 2010 FJ. They list the part working with 2011 FJs and newer. I reached out to some Toyota staff that sell parts online and they referred me here, even after I provided my VIN to them.

Does anyone know why this part would not work for my rig?

Thank you in advance!
I bought mine here for $54

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
The silver is paint, plastic "carcass" is black, just strip (& put a clear-coat if desired), Plasti Dip spray-on is another common solution.
If you get an after market hitch you can (probably) use the current cover; OEM hitch sits higher, thus the "cut-out".
The exterior body trim pieces are (should be) universal for all FJ years (my '07 & '11 share MANY identical parts).
Some structural & underhood components are NOT compatible yr to yr (different engine design after '09, emission stuff in later '13-'14 (?) models.

D

·
A-Team Moderator
10,787 Posts
There's a silver notched on FB/Marketplace Portland, seller in Bremerton. $40. Sand it, paint it, done.

I used fine texture bedliner on mine, the bumper wings and the Frisbee.

2013-05-14_1.jpg

2014-11-04_16-11-53_734.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts