Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey All,
Hoping someone has a shop they can recommend to get an alignment + tires mounted and balanced. My local shop (Corsi) supposedly has a Roadforce balancer and hunter alignment rig, but I've had bad experiences there with my other cars and dont trust them at all.

Dont mind driving to someone who knows what theyre doing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Magnum Motors Limited
914-965-4646
66 Torre
Yonkers NY 10703

It's rigth off the Saw Mill.

I got this shop from the Hunter balance machine website. He has the model that was need to get rid of the shakes in the Fj's wheels. I got my TRD's balanced and roadforced last year there. I just went back and got my spare balanced recently. There is one guy that is really good I think his name is John. His specialty is tires. He knows how hard BFG AT KOs are are to get right. He did mine and they where spot on the first time. My spare was done by another guy and he was alright. I had to tell the second guy that the inside weights needed to be clip on NOT stick on.
They do alignment also.

I am going there to get an alignment when I get done with my leveling and install my AP trailing Arms.

This is a really nice owner opperated shop (small). So call them and make an appointment and get some rough estimates.

My balance and roadforce cost me $90.

Again it is just my recommendation, I don't personally know any of these folks. I had ZERO problems with dealing with them. But please excerise your own opinion.

Brian what are you getting (got) as a set up now?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Siri!

Was going to get a set of 16" wheeler's, but after finding out that shipping for the 5 was over $150 I had decided to go for the TRD's. Will have them by this weekend.

Going to mount the stock bfg rugged trails on them for now until I decide on what tires to get.

When are you planning on doing your lift? Lets do ours at the same time then schedule the alignment too.. perhaps we can get a discount on the alignment.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Brian What color TRD's?

Tuan which kit did you get?

Right now my priority is to do my GF's Water pump and timing belt (pars just came it today). So this weekend is out of the questions. I am going to try and do it tomorrow, and hope to get it complete in one day. If not it'll get carriied over to next week. Maybe we can do it sometime next weekend.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Brian What color TRD's?

Tuan which kit did you get?

Right now my priority is to do my GF's Water pump and timing belt (pars just came it today). So this weekend is out of the questions. I am going to try and do it tomorrow, and hope to get it complete in one day. If not it'll get carriied over to next week. Maybe we can do it sometime next weekend.
I got the this 3" kit from Group Buys for $254 shipped. I can't afford to spend much more money right now so this will do.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice!

This weekend sucks for me as I'm working, and next weekend is fathers day but I can do Saturday if that works for you guys (siri & tuan).

I'm going to PM you guys my email, lets take this conversation private instead of spamming the entire forum.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Nice!

This weekend sucks for me as I'm working, and next weekend is fathers day but I can do Saturday if that works for you guys (siri & tuan).

I'm going to PM you guys my email, lets take this conversation private instead of spamming the entire forum.
Next weekend is perfect for me. I'm planning to go down to the beach fishing this weekend.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I got the this 3" kit from Group Buys for $254 shipped. I can't afford to spend much more money right now so this will do.

That's a pretty good deal.
My level kit came out to about the same.

OME 883+TP14 spacer= $190ish
Rear airbags = $80ish.
TOTAL=$270

·
Registered
1,949 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Tuan
I have a set of front TRDs with spring (20k on them) ready for you if you want to install them to go with those rear RCs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts