Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
i have the man-a-fre wide sliders right now but was wondering what the lightest slider out there was cause im not sure i can justify the weight???? i do mostly desert so they dont get much use but its nice to have some protection.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
BudBuilt Rock Sliders
BudBuilt Frames & Accessories

2" tubing on all parts, gussets on all support arms.

4" body panel clearance front with 6" clearance at rear kickout

2-3" of upsweep on sliders

10.9 hardware included for bolting to frame

No relocation or movement of brake line mounts required...clears all items with no modification necessary at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
BudBuilt Rock Sliders

No relocation or movement of brake line mounts required...clears all items with no modification necessary at all.
Brock, how much does a set cost? I'm not seeing them on the BudBuilt site. Looks nice.

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
BudBuilt Rock Sliders

I'll contact BudBuilt and see if they can give me the particulars and then I'll put em up on the comparo. Thanks for the tip Brock.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
cost me $399 plus shipping but it is very reasonable rate....$31 to my address.

He does not have them on website yet.....I am very pleased and they are very solid.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I built my own sliders, one item that has made a difference when they are wet is the addition of expanded metal for better traction getting in and out. Easy to have added to any set of sliders out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed the AllPro sliders last Fall, after the extreem amounts of rock salt encountered this Winter my rattle can paint job is looking pretty bad. I would choose some kind of bedliner paint if I had to paint it over again. I put alot of weight on the sliders, even with the rust they are very stable and sturdy, so-far.

Better than running boards, I partly bought these for the short wife to use, she now gingerly and easily steps over them. She only uses them when she wears a dress. They DO get slick when wet, but that is when you grab the inside overhead, "Oh Shoot" bar.

...And not a banged shin yet.

There are people out there who purposely look for & pull up next to new cars & SUVs to ding the door, I have seen the AllPro stop two of these,...uh, attacks. I want my dents to mean something & to have a good story behind them.

I also want stainless steel, or stainless steel coated (designed like AllPro) sliders. Know of any?

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Wire,

Go to ace hardware and ask for their anti skid tape. It comes in gray, a rubber type and in black and white in a rough sand paper type.

It is a 3M product and will adhere and stay. You may get some corners coming up but the gray works fantastic, I have had it on my truck for well over a year. It makes the sliders much safer as a step.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I noticed that most of the information for the different sliders does not have wall thickness for the tube. This IMO is one of the most critical dimensions when trying to make a decision on what to purchase. I don't care if it is 2" or 1 3/4" tube I want to know how many times is it gonna take a hard hit! And also are the sliders warrantyed/gauranteed (it looks like the Rocky Road are).

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
I noticed that most of the information for the different sliders does not have wall thickness for the tube. This IMO is one of the most critical dimensions when trying to make a decision on what to purchase. I don't care if it is 2" or 1 3/4" tube I want to know how many times is it gonna take a hard hit! And also are the sliders warrantyed/gauranteed (it looks like the Rocky Road are).
Most are .120 thickness. I will update to include that info.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
181 - 200 of 223 Posts