Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for all of the great information guys.
It looks like I'm going to call Rocky Road tomorrow about their Super Sliders.

Is there anyone here from Canada that has dealt with Rocky Road before?
How would you rate your purchasing experience?
How long did it take to ship?
What was the shipping cost?

Any other information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
-- Bill --

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know its been discussed, but what's the final verdict on powdercoating or spraying with rustoleum? I'm about to order some all pros and I can't decide between either of these options or just leaving them as they come.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Get Budbuilts 4 new options in sliders up there. He makes a great product and I'll be buying them.

They also come in a burly model with thicker tube walls and life time, no bend garauntee. They look great.

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
I know its been discussed, but what's the final verdict on powdercoating or spraying with rustoleum? I'm about to order some all pros and I can't decide between either of these options or just leaving them as they come.
It's really just personal opinion. Speaking of that, mine is that PC is a bit more durable and I like the "krinkle" finish. When I have enough scrapes on the bottom of my rails I'll go ahead and touch them up with some paint, maybe even the textured type, but the tops will still look as good as new and that's worth the price of admission for me.

Get Budbuilts 4 new options in sliders up there. He makes a great product and I'll be buying them.

They also come in a burly model with thicker tube walls and life time, no bend garauntee. The look great.
I will work on that asap. Thanks for the tip alpinist:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's really just personal opinion. Speaking of that, mine is that PC is a bit more durable and I like the "krinkle" finish. When I have enough scrapes on the bottom of my rails I'll go ahead and touch them up with some paint, maybe even the textured type, but the tops will still look as good as new and that's worth the price of admission for me.
Thanks I appreciate it! I've got a buddy with a body shop that'll do the powdercoat pretty cheap I think.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I got a set of ARB sliders on my FJC in March and have been to three rocky events were they were thoroughly tested. They survived Tellico with a only few gouges. Next was the TLCA Black Hills Cruiser Classic near Deadwood SD. I did two hard trails there; Iceman and Full Size. They really suffered there, ends mangled, big dents, rear end of tubing bent in and up. I was very dissapointed in how easily they were damaged. Faults are too big a tubing at 2.25" and only .120 wall easily dented and bent. Rubber caps on tbe ends are dumb as ends are easily dented and caps lost. They should have welded ends. Long section of tubing in rear is unsupported and easily bent up/in. I went to a new shop in Greely CO called Bump It Offroad and had the sliders straightened and reinforced. We welded on end caps, ran 1.5" square tubing the length of the brackets for reinforcement and help rocks slide along the brackets. Added a brace to the rear tube from the last bracket. Also added a couple of welds that ARB had missed. Now they are about 150% stronger than before and that was proven last week at All-4-Fun Week in Leadville. I did a very difficult trail called Chinaman down near Buena Vista and only lost some paint!

While at Bump It we also reinforced the lower control arm mounts as they were really mangled and added a small skid plate for the trailer hitch. Owner Mike Smith can build anything for the FJC and has built some sliders to owner's specs. Check him out at Bumpitoffroad.com.

Ace Brown
2008 FJC

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have'nt read this whole thread to see if white knuckle has been mentioned, but i think they should be added to the buyers guide comparison. I am pleased with thier product

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just got these from Relentless Fabrication. My first mod for this truck. $459 unpainted, $359 without fill plate. Should be considered when you are shopping for sliders. Check their website for details.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Just got these from Relentless Fabrication. My first mod for this truck. $459 unpainted, $359 without fill plate. Should be considered when you are shopping for sliders. Check their website for details.
^

Just checked out the website and left a message for them on their contact page.

Thank you for the information.

:cheers:

·
Registered
238 Posts
^

Just checked out the website and left a message for them on their contact page.

Thank you for the information.

:cheers:
You will like them. Others asked me about weight. I did not weigh them cause I bolted them on at their shop. If you are having them shipped get a weight on just the slider for the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I will. :bigthumb:

201 - 220 of 223 Posts