Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, In order to make my decisions a little easier I went through and compiled a list of the models, colors, options and accessories that should be coming on the new FJ. This list is a summation of information given at the Greenville event (thanks to those of you that posted pics of the slides) and information listed on the CAT preferencing system.

Hope this helps!!!

Models
4702 - FJ 4X2 WAGON (AUTO)
4703 - FJ 4X4 WAGON (6SPD MAN)
4704 - FJ 4X4 WAGON ( 5spd AUTO)

Colors
02JR-WHITE/TITANIUM MET.
02JT-WHITE/BLACKCHERRY PEARL
02JU-WHITE/SUN FUSION
02JV-WHITE/VOODOO BLUE
02JW-WHITE/BLACK DIAMOND

Individual Options
FE- 50 State Emmissions
GY- Side Curtain airbags
AL-17" Aluminum Wheels w/Spare
DL-Rear Differential locks
RB- Running Boards

Packages
CQ Package*
UP Package**
UR Package***
TRD Package****

Accessories
alloy fuel door
Alloy Wheel w/ BFG Tires
All Weather Cargo Mat
All Weather Floor mats
Arm Rest Passenger side
Ashtray
Brush Guard
Cargo Cover
Cargo Net
Cargo Tote
Carpeted Cargo Mat
Carpeted Floor Mat
Door Sill Enhancements
Driving Lights- Off-Road
Emergency Assistance Kit
Exhaust System - TRD
Exhaust Tip
First Aid Kit
Front Skid Plate
Hood Protector
License Plate Frame
Navigation System - GPS (Quest 2)
Off-Road Shocks - TRD
Read Door Storage
Rock Rails
Roof Rack
Roof Rack Mounted Off-Road Lights
RR Attachments - Bike
RR Attachments - Ski/Board
Running Boards
Satellite Radio - XM or Sirius
Spare Tire Cover
Sport Shift Knobs
Tail Lamp Guards
Touch Up Paint
Towing Accessories
Towing Receiver Hitch w/ Wire Harness
VIP security w/ motion detection
Wheel Locks (5 piece set)

*CQ PKG INCLUDES:
-Keyless Entry
-Power Outside Mirrors, w/ image lights
-Rear Wiper
-Cruise Control
-daytime running lights
-back sonar
-rear privacy glass

**UP: UPGRADE PKG #1 INCLUDES:
- requires CQ
-Multi-Info Display (Dash mounted trip pc, compass, altimeter
-2-1 audio 6-disc changer, equalizer, D-Pillar speakers, 400W Inverter, Headliner Speaker, (No Sub)
-AL: 17" alloys
-Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel w/ audio & cruise controls
-Metallic like shifter
- Rear Differential Lock
-Color Keyed (exterior color) interior door trim inserts
- active traction VSC (not on GV slides but part of preferencing system)

***UR UPGRADE PKG#2 INCLUDES:
-UP and adds a rear wall mounted subwoofer

**** TRD Package (Planned)
-Off-Road Tuned Shocks
-Off-Road "All-Terrain" BF Goodrich Tires
-Performance Exhaust
-Rock Rails

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Nice list Granger. Now maybe dealerships can talk a little more intelligently to us, if they read this forum. I think I heard on the Greenville audio that pricing and the configurator wouldn't be available until "close to launch" with launch being late March. But then Ramblin Wreck said the configurator might be available around the first of the year. I hope sooner than later although if the FJC configurator is anything like the one for the new Rav4 I won't even be able to last through the whole thing. Too much show and not enough go. And it's not like you can take your output from a configurator and go buy it at your dealer. So Granger are you playing war games with hypothetical prices and optiona and accessoires and combinations? Do you think you'll be able to stay under $30K?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pancho said:
So Granger are you playing war games with hypothetical prices and optiona and accessoires and combinations? Do you think you'll be able to stay under $30K?
A couple of sources have claimed that a fully optioned FJ will run about $28K.(Not including accessories)

Once you add the accessories and what I want to do aftermarket I will be WELL above $30K.

4704 - FJ 4X4 WAGON ( 5spd AUTO)
02JW-WHITE/BLACK DIAMOND
GY- Side Curtain airbags
CQ Package*
UR Package***
TRD Package****
Arm Rest Passenger side
Driving Lights- Off-Road
Front Skid Plate
Navigation System - GPS (Quest 2) (MAYBE)
Rear Door Storage
Roof Rack
Roof Rack Mounted Off-Road Lights
Satellite Radio - XM or Sirius
Tail Lamp Guards
Towing Receiver Hitch w/ Wire Harness
VIP security w/ motion detection (MAYBE)
Wheel Locks (5 piece set)

Then, add ARB front Bumper and Warn Winch ($2K) plus in dash NAV ($1.8K) if I don't go with the Quest.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Agree. Over $30K even before TT&L. And don't forget a sunroof maybe. I think I'm going to pass on the skid plate and rear lamp guards. The lamp guards look like they will do more damage than good if there's an impact. And the skid plates I've seen on Tacomas look like I could bend it in with a swift kick from a steel toed boot. And I wonder if it will be compatible with you ARB bull bar? I'm going the ARB route too.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I spoked with ARB shortly after SEMA. They assured me there would be an ARB bull bar with and without winch shortly after launch.

And woops, yea I forgot the sunroof. There's an additional $1.2K

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks for the list Granger,
I've asked my dealer to see what (if any) of these options will be available for my advanced delivery....no word yet. If I can't get the options, I may actually hold off delivery till i can get all my options.

I've always assumed i'd add another bunch of $ on options, i'm hoping to keep it under 35K from the dealer with all the spendy add-ons...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I forgot to mention in my original post to the Greenville thread, but I asked about the front skid plate since I thought the Cruiser was supposed to already include skid plates. The Cruiser does come standard with functional skid plates, but they don't stand out when you're looking at the vehicle. The optional skid plate doesn't add to the functional capability of the vehicle, it's just cosmetic. In fact, the optional skid plate slightly reduces the ground clearance and approach angle.

"Ooh, Bright Shiny" vs black nondescript underbody.

BTW, nice option compilation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hidy Folks,

Just like all of you, I am extremely excited to see this thing roll in 2006. The long and short of my story is that I have been driving a 1998 Ford Explorer for almost 3 years trying to dig out of negative equity in order to purchase whatever I want in 2006. As soon as I saw the FJ, I knew that if I could get one just like the one I saw, I was all in. I have a good friend that runs Toyota of Ft. Worth and from what he's told me, as we all know, the FJ is gonna be a sharp cat. He was not sure if it would be available with "Space Shuttle" dash board we have all seen in concept pics, with all the chrome and yellow gadets and cool shifter. Have any of you heard if you'll be able to get one with all those bells and whistles?

We have yet see anything but pics here in D/FW but I anxiously await that phone call from my friend at Toyota of Ft.Worth.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up on the skid plates Ramblin' Wreck, consider them deleted from my build.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hay Front Porch. I hear Toyota is saying late March06 for the first batch to hit the showroom floors so the Dallas Car show may be our 1st opportunity to see one live in our neck of the woods.

Who knows that Toyota will eventually ship, but for now they are saying that what you see is the production interior.

Keep me in mind if your dealer friend can get a you chance to see one earlier.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Who knows that Toyota will eventually ship, but for now they are saying that what you see is the production interior.
will bedliner stick to plastic?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ditto the information from DFW. I only live 3 hours away and would be interested in a little road trip if I can get info there first

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
How much do you think the roof rack will be? I want upgrade pack 1 and convenience pack and side airbags, and a roof rack. I'm guessing 26.5K

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Pancho said:
will bedliner stick to plastic?
It might require being scuffed a little bit to make it stick properly but I would imagine a good cleaning with the included cleaning solution would probably work on a new interior.

·
Registered
228 Posts
One more thing...This is the absolute best compilation of information concerning the release of the FJ Cruiser and its options and accessories listed anywhere on the internet. And that includes Toyota's own homepage. SO without further ado...I present to you the first post by me...without a hint of sarcasm.

Thanks Granger. Honestly...when newbies register for this forum...it should send you directly to this thread when you are complete. This might eliminate a large portion of the circular conversations we have been getting into these days. Thanks for the info. Thanks for scrounging around and finding it. And thanks for providing it free for the forum to drool at. I wish I could say I got you something for Xmas, but I did not other then that you are no longer one of the ETC's.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Too damn funny. Your first sarcasm free post and you have me rolling.

Granger
[previously known as etc...] ;)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Sarcasm free....!? Are you ill, should we send emergency attention?

That's just not right - funny - but not right.

This is the most informative of all the FJ Cruiser sites. Hands down. Speaks volumes for the members of FJ Cruiser Forums.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hay Front Porch. I hear Toyota is saying late March06 for the first batch to hit the showroom floors so the Dallas Car show may be our 1st opportunity to see one live in our neck of the woods

The Dallas auto show is scheduled for April 5th - 9th.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What exactly do you get with the satellite radio accessory?

Since you still have to sign up for a package, I am assuming you get an antenna (mounted and wired to the stereo). Is that all?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
csherrill said:
One more thing...This is the absolute best compilation of information concerning the release of the FJ Cruiser and its options and accessories listed anywhere on the internet. And that includes Toyota's own homepage. SO without further ado...I present to you the first post by me...without a hint of sarcasm.

Thanks Granger. Honestly...when newbies register for this forum...it should send you directly to this thread when you are complete. This might eliminate a large portion of the circular conversations we have been getting into these days. Thanks for the info. Thanks for scrounging around and finding it. And thanks for providing it free for the forum to drool at. I wish I could say I got you something for Xmas, but I did not other then that you are no longer one of the ETC's.

Please boys get a room

1 - 20 of 30 Posts