Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apologies in advance, this is being typed out on my iPhone.

My FJ just got out of the shop where they were fixing my front drivers side corner from a bad side swiping. Lots of body parts were replaced (front bumper, lamp assembly, fender panel, door molding, etc.). The only electrical parts touched are listed as "R&I battery" and "R&I evacuate and recharge sublet". I am assuming "R&I" refers to remove and inspected?

Anyways, everything is working seemingly normally except the truck ecu resets everytime I turn it off. Compass, clock, and seat belt chime all revert back to factory / uncalibrated settings. Interesting to note though is that my aftermarket head unit does not get reset...not sure if that really matters though.

Any ideas?? None of this was happening after the sideswiping. These symptoms surfaced only after the shop returned it to me. I will of course contact the shop first thing t'row, but just wanted to see if you gurus have any advice that may save me the trouble of bringing it back to them and being carless for a bit.

Thank you for your help!! :clap:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, relay block is right there too... I wonder if they knocked something lose there... I will go outside and look
U r the man, I was sitting in my FJ displeased with life until your response lifted my spirits big time...thank you for even just your effort.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, stupid question lol: When you turn off ignition, you still have things working? Like horn? Lights, etc? Things that normally work after you turn off ignition...
Yes lights and horn both work without issue.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay I will check the fuse t'row when I have daylight and pliers to yank it with.

Will also check the wiring as best possible too (my knowledge in this area is very limited).

Thank you for your help, will update asap.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to close this thread off.

Thank you to Ivan and TCao for their help, you guys really stepped up for me.

Took me a little while to get it done (-30c and no garage) I finally got a chance to check the fuses and the 10-A labelled "Dome" was blown. I replaced it, and everything is fine now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts