Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its possible with the success of the FJC, other manufactures will build similar (real) suv's like we all want.

My thought was that since Ford owns Land Rover, that maybe they could build or reintroduce the Defender 90/ Old Bronco, sharing the same platform while holding on to there individual and original looks.

The problems with the Defender's oil leaks and electrical issues could be solved by using more Ford stuff, and use the proven platform of the Defender.

The concept Bronco and the Defender are both great looking and capable rigs, but i would still choose the TOYOTA FJC. :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Exactly just like all car makers work.... See if someone eles multi-milion dollar project works, if it does steal their good ideas add their own and release a year or two later. I know the FJ will be huge and Suzuki, Ford and others will jump in. Jeep is already there so I'm sure they will just play the we started the "trail rated" card and hope for the best. Yeah thats right I said Suzuki.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've read the posts on this Forum for just over a month now and find all the info awesome. I like everyone else have found the dealerships to be about worthless for info and really not that concerned if they get it to you or not. The one thing I do know something about is Land Rovers, they are pieces of $hit. I have had range rovers and defender 90's. If there is a fluid in these vehicles, you can find it on the driveway. I have never tried so hard to like a vehicle and it just not happen. As for me and Land Rover, we are finished until They can import a Defender 90 or 110 diesel that can hold its fluids and muster up some heat(the heaters in the 90's are horrible.) For now I have my FJ ordered and am waiting patiently like everyone else. Can't Wait for the NAIAS in Detroit in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Okay, admittedly I did have to go to the Suzuki site and check out the Dune concept Grand Vitara. That was pretty cool lookin'. It doesn't look like it was built for playing on trails though, it looked designed for sand. Probably a lot of fun if you are a dirt bike enthusiast.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any vehicle that comes factory with thornbirds is not worth ANYTHING....

·
Registered
390 Posts
Copying something is the best form of flattery!!! I predict the FJC will be the beginning of "back to basics" affordable 4WD trucks. If it wasn't killed by upper Ford management, the "new" compact diesel Bronco would have been a runaway success for Ford Motor Company. Price this tough off-road puppy at $19,995 and watch customers actually want to leave a deposit at a Ford dealership!!! When was the last time THAT happened? Here are a couple of pics of the Land Rover and Ford concepts...

Defender SVX Concept

Bronco concept

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
mini2nut said:
...When was the last time THAT happened? Here are a couple of pics of the Land Rover and Ford concepts...
Last year with the release of the retro Stang! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts