Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My condo association won't let me work on my FJ at the complex anylonger :( I've never done anything that major taking longer than 2 or 3 hours but I've been shut down.

Now I've got to find someone willing to do some work for me in the San Diego area. I need a new winch installed soon ... on the radar, an auxiliary fuel tank.

Who's the right guy to see in San Diego?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Time to move out of the condo into a house if at all possible.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No garage :( the rule has always been in place but was never enforced until a couple of others were working on bigger projects for weeks on what can only be described as pieces of junk ... ruined it for all of us.

I'm sure everyone will loosen up again in a while but until then I need some help ...

·
Registered
458 Posts
I would read carefully state rules and county as well as city rules ..... you may find a loophole .... like you can repair you truck as long it not stay disable for more that 24 hours or still movable an need to ... mu buddy screw condo that way ... due to condo can not override city,county,state rules ......

·
Registered
441 Posts
I hate HOAs with a passion...next time they start some crap with me I should just threaten to let my townhouse foreclose; it lost $14K in value anyway and I can't sell the place if I wanted to.

·
Registered
458 Posts
as soon you stop pay ass fees they can sell your place and kick you out with no time ....
they gonna be happy if you do that ....
if you actually dont pay tax on it and then stop paying for townhome at bank and then let them to kick you out ... then its different story they cant sell due to it belong to bank ...bank cant sell due to have to pay tax .... and they gonna fight with a bank who gonna get that place .... at end it will belong to government because you didn't pay tax
......you can have them in every hole is possible .......Unless your state dont take property tax ........

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Do you have a garage? I would laugh and do what you need to do.
Then find the prick who is telling on you and leave dog $hit on his porch
When I was 17 My Moms SUbdivision BITTY commity (ITS one of those HIGH end home places) slapped her with a fine and a cease order for me operating a biz out of the garage... I was merely A) working on my own toys, & B) working on my buddies rigs or musclecars...No biz... Once that happened it was game on! She got a Lawyer and I got a alot more buddies! :rocker:

Fast forward a few yrs.. Lived in a Apartment Complex, Constantly got fussed at for working on my Street/strip Firebird, and really got fussed at for building my Daughters JR Dragster and My KX250 in the Living room of the Apt....I got away with it becasue all the Neibors supported me on it.. helps when your fixing their Chit too!.:lol:
IF they cant take a joke.... FJ'em! Check you bi laws and see what they can do if you continue...Then keep on rocking it.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I would read carefully state rules and county as well as city rules ..... you may find a loophole .... like you can repair you truck as long it not stay disable for more that 24 hours or still movable an need to ... mu buddy screw condo that way ... due to condo can not override city,county,state rules ......
The courts normally treat HOA's like there a country with their own laws.

I was fined $100 for dog poop near my townhouse and complained that no way that little poop came from my 100lb dog and it was someone elses dog poop. They could careless and said if I didn't pay they would put a lean on my townhouse. They got an ear full from my motorcycle exhaust every time I rode by and a middle finger. Old grumpy bastards..

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
LOL I havent lived at my moms house in 23 yrs, and I still get nasty looks from the Old farts that knew me as a kid.. Just picture 75 chevy, 44's, 327, glass packs, and a 4 speed...followed by at least 5 other rigs, covered in mud, rolling through a neiborhood with 300,000$ homes & little old men with perfectly manicured lawns, out washing their little cars drinking tea! oh yea I waved :thefinger: everytime I rolled in...:rofl:

To the original post, Its been awhile since I last seen SD, Ca,, Do they have Local do it your self type places... Best thing I can suggest is find a buddy with less uptight HOA's and just work there. It sucks having to PAY some one to do work you can do just because of where you live...Or drive across town to do a 20 minute install... But its either risk fighting the system or Go with the flow...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts