Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure ill get referenced to the many threads on this but ive been reading for 3 or 4 days and have yet to come up with definitive answers. These threads tend to go on and on for 30 pages and end up confusing me.

I finally decided to do the no cut atrac hack and that worked out fine. I have some questions.

1) First off the trac off light being on in 4 high is that still going to limit wheelspin. If not i could care less about the trac off hack for 2hi. I basically want to be in 4 hi and be able to spin the wheels

2) Some people confused me but it seems as simple as cutting the purple wire in the engine bay and looping a switch in the inside. I did find a thread about combining a 4runner switch and the cover for trac off. Is this the best method?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah ill go back and re read your thread but im a little confused. I have already added the atrac switch and ive also already done the no cut atrac hack where i pulled out pin 11 of al2 and ran it to an ignition 12v.

The part i was getting confused on is how to combine the two. If i buy that switch and set it up where exactly am i connecting it inline and what do i still need the atrac button. Sorry if im sounding dense but maybe ive done too much reading!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
yeah ill go back and re read your thread but im a little confused. I have already added the atrac switch and ive also already done the no cut atrac hack where i pulled out pin 11 of al2 and ran it to an ignition 12v.

The part i was getting confused on is how to combine the two. If i buy that switch and set it up where exactly am i connecting it inline and what do i still need the atrac button. Sorry if im sounding dense but maybe ive done too much reading!
The wire (Blue wire with the Yellow stripe) you pulled out and ran to 12v, you need to put a switch on that wire. The switch will stay in the "on" position, so it provides the 12v power and allows the rear diff + ATRAC when in 4WD.

In 2WD, when you turn the switch off, stops the 12v, the VSC goes off. This should be true for 4W Hi too, I never checked.

The 12v source must be connected to the ignition on 12V.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beautiful sir, that is exactly how i want it set up too. Thank you very much for the clarification. Good work on the switch research too my friend.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you fj dude i love this place you guys are awesome. Ive got the fever ive im working like a mofo to afford this toytec ultimate lift with ucas next week. Ive only had the truck a couple weeks but im just starving for a lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts