Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considerig doing the Wicked C.a.s magic box front a-pillar pods and the rear pods in my 08 trail teams fj.

Has anyone used these yet?

Install pics?

Opinions?

Any speaker recommendations?
Most likely I'll be installing the pioneer avic z2 as my head unit.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am considerig doing the Wicked C.a.s magic box front a-pillar pods and the rear pods in my 08 trail teams fj.

Has anyone used these yet?

Install pics?

Opinions?

Any speaker recommendations?
Most likely I'll be installing the pioneer avic z2 as my head unit.
Hey, I'm just up in Riverton and I'd recommend the rear pods. I color matched them to my voodoo blue and they look great! I haven't put my car back together since I'm in the middle of sound proofing... If you want, PM me your e-mail and I'll send you some pics-

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, i sent you that PM.

Did you paint them yourself? If so, how?

Have you heard anything on the front A-Pillar set-up?

what speakers did you use? I dont want anything too expensive bcuz iwant to put more money into lift and performance and such, but the FJ sound system stock needs some help!

let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
hey, i sent you that PM.

Did you paint them yourself? If so, how?

Have you heard anything on the front A-Pillar set-up?

what speakers did you use? I dont want anything too expensive bcuz iwant to put more money into lift and performance and such, but the FJ sound system stock needs some help!

let me know! Thanks!

I went to Superior Paint Supply and got a factory match can of spray paint, then clear coated it.

Haven't heard much about the a-pillars pods, but I wouldn't mind having a set.

I put in some kicker midbass, as part of a component set. I just haven't figured out where I'm going to put the tweeter....

I understand the looks vs sounds battle... I went with looks first, but now I'm getting ready for a killer system.

hope this helps-

·
Registered
790 Posts
I guess I am dense about the Toyota - FJ Cruiser Rear PODS. Speaker Pods / Panels. How do these mount? I do not see any spacers to offset the speaker from the stock plastic. I have a set of 6.5 speakers for the rear seats but not sure best way to mount them.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
I guess I am dense about the Toyota - FJ Cruiser Rear PODS. Speaker Pods / Panels. How do these mount? I do not see any spacers to offset the speaker from the stock plastic. I have a set of 6.5 speakers for the rear seats but not sure best way to mount them.
You have to cut a hole on the plastic panel.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thanks! That is what I needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts