Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2008 black diamond FJ and considering vinyl wrapping for paint protection and in addition i always wanted the cement grey or cavarly blue which came on the later models. What do you think? Should i go with a factory color or do something completely different?

·
Registered
144 Posts
:grin
There are some Dodge Challengers out there that have been wrapped to look like old WW11 planes. Aluminum panels, lots of rivets ,fuel stains. I would love to do that to my FJ.
But I suppose it would have to be an A6M pattern.
Just add a BIG red dot on each front doors... Good to go!:rofl:

D :cowsmile:

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Do it . i have been happy with mine . plus you can change it in a few years to something else if you want

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are you a Star Wars fan? :grin
Wow,
that just made me visualize a "cut-away" wrap for the FJ,
kinda of a combination of these:

FJ technical drawing.jpg

FJ40 cut away.jpg

D:cowsmile:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wrapped mine white about 4 years go. Didn't bother with the roof. Left it on a little too long so it began to get really stained.

Took it off this weekend, peeling away years of pinstripes and contamination. I had done a full paint correction prior and would recommend the same to anyone considering this.

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,447 Posts
Yeah I love the black roof also. I`m still deciding if I want the white or black roof. I just want to be 100% sure before I get it done :)
The white roof looks like an orange creamsicle, 100% orange would probably look far better but that black sets it off me thinks.

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,447 Posts
Wow,
that just made me visualize a "cut-away" wrap for the FJ,
kinda of a combination of these:

View attachment 1095784

View attachment 1095786

D:cowsmile:
Wait a second, you’re on to something there I think. Like an X-ray effect, that would be dope dude. Now to find someone that can develop a template, maybe one that’s nostalgic like the 40 diagram you posted. Bet there’s one somewhere out there @Hannibal or maybe @FJtest has something like that. Cool idea!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Whoa! Two pages long already! Lots of good (and funny) suggestions here.

I am considering this mainly because i think the all black version kindof washes out some of the nice details on the FJ, but i ended up with one anyway, for other reasons.

Not going all crazy on color. Of the factory colors, as mentioned, cement grey and cavarly blue as my favs.

Got this from my vinyl place:

https://graphics.averydennison.eu/content/dam/averydennison/graphics/eu/en/Sell-sheets-and-brochures/supreme_wrapping_film_product_overview_en.pdf

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Have fun with it. Cement. blue and Black go well together

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts