Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about sharing some information regarding dealerships that have been helpful and/or taking deposits on the FJ? It would be nice to have a dedicated thread (or maybe even section) to reference and help those who havent decided on a dealership and also a place to share tips on favorite dealerships in different areas.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
mine's Bernardi Toyota in Framingham MA. they were more than happy to take my money and put me #1 on their list...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
mine's Bernardi Toyota in Framingham MA. they were more than happy to take my money and put me #1 on their list...
Did you know that Framingham is Mahgnimarf spelled backwards?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dealers in my area (Houston I-10) haven't even started lists. Mostly there are just :confused: looks on their faces. Thanks to the posted MSRPs, I hope to harrass them tomorrow though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am dealing with Brandon at Desert Sun Motors in Alamogordo, New Mexico. He has been extremely helpful, no B.S. and really has keep me up to date on all details. In addition, I am getting a guarantee of MSRP. If you in the Southwest Brandon at Desert Sun Motors is a great person to deal with.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Guaranteed MSRP (THANK YOU EJR) from Geoffrey Miller at Toyota of Rancho Santa Margarita - or something like that. He called me today, before I even got on here, to tell me that he had pricing. Remember that you will have destination charges in addition to the prices posted. I'm looking at $23,495 for my 4x4 Manual, but that includes the delivery charges.

SWEET!!!

Yeah, it's a good day.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Percy said:
Guaranteed MSRP (THANK YOU EJR) from Geoffrey Miller at Toyota of Rancho Santa Margarita - or something like that. He called me today, before I even got on here, to tell me that he had pricing. Remember that you will have destination charges in addition to the prices posted. I'm looking at $23,495 for my 4x4 Manual, but that includes the delivery charges.

SWEET!!!

Yeah, it's a good day.
Geoff's Office # is (949) 766-2067 in case someone in So. Cal was looking fo a contact.

·
Registered
644 Posts
So nothin is PA then? Gonna do a lot of driving around looking for a half decent Toyota dealer. I bet they still don't know anything 'round here.....

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
My dealer is Acton Toyota in Mass. They required a"refundable" $$1000 deposit. I'm supposedly 1st or 2nd on the list, provided a list does exist. I'm a bit skeptical concerning lists.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Percy said:

SWEET!!!

Yeah, it's a good day.

Percy,

Brandon at Desert Sun said Destination charge will be $605.00.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think im going to go ahead and keep my purchase local and buy at Ron Goode here in Alameda. Maybe hopefully some of the tax dollars will make it back to the schools - maybe!! They require a $500 deposit and guarantee MSRP and no dealer addons. So Im hoping that's all I need at this point! Still going to wait until I see the thing down in LA weekend after next - Ron Goode has had no interest to this point. So Im assuming that they can get one. Cant all dealerships get one if they order it???

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
ZIA said:
Percy,

Brandon at Desert Sun said Destination charge will be $605.00.

Brandon's really cool, but I would have made up the difference in gas driving it home. California is only 4 hours away and my dealer called as soon as he got pricing! So, can't argue with that. Plus, he is on the approved list from my local credit union so with any luck, financing will be taken care of before we even head to Cali to pick it up. We'll walk in, sign the papers, and drive home!

This kick's such complete ass.... don't mind me while I do the dance of joy!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Percy said:
We'll walk in, sign the papers, and drive home!
second to actually owning the FJ (SMURF BLUE BABY!!!!!!) the greatest pleasure will be simply signing the papers and not freakin negotiating over the price at all. cant stand haggling pricing with dealerships.

if my ron goode (local) dealership fizzles for whatever reason im thinking that i may just go ahead and sign up at rancho santa margarita like you percy. was there mention of the list length? this guy mr. miller right? ill be down at the LA show weekend after next and my wife and i breifly discussed driving out there on our way back if we liked what we saw to drop a deposit. it's between that place and the local dealership.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Percy,
I got my call at 2:11 p.m., Did Geoff call you first? I'm feeling a little insecure......tell me he still likes me more.... I know deep down. I'll always be his first. ;)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I got the call at 3:00pm straight up. He still likes you more. ;)

But, I am #4 on the list.... :rolleyes:

So, are we going to pick our trucks up on the same day? I figure, if I have to be in California anyway.... :cool:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Cali, From the autoshow, you're about an hour 15 minutes southeast. If you decide to go that way, call Geoff and talk, no need to visit him. He did mine over the phone. I think Percy did the same thing. But, if you do visit, he is very cool to talk with......Car Guy, Regular Guy.......rumor has it , he wants one for himself, once the dust settles.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I'm in......will make a great photo for the website!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 99 Posts