Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on running this trail in July after the Summit. Starting outside Salida I think. Will take it up to the Canadian border, if time permits up to Banf. I will travel with my wife until Bozeman - where she will catch a flight home-
I am going to have redundant route gps/ route paper maps.
As a side note prior to Moab b4 I’ll be finishing a section of the TAT from Salida to Moab that was interrupted by snow last year. This summer - allowing 8weeks for total road trip.
If any one has done the CDT any guidance- suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I’m not sure how much is different from your trail but last August I did the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route from Gypsum to the Wyoming border. Nothing challenging but very scenic. Good maps are available from Butler Maps. This July after the Summit I’m doing it south from Gypsum to the Four Corners.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of fences in Wyoming.

Are the fences the kind where you close after you go through or just no go kind of fences.
Been through many in Colorado and New Mexico that are just there to keep the cattle in and have a chain but not a lock.

·
トヨタ Master
6,351 Posts
Are the fences the kind where you close after you go through or just no go kind of fences.
Been through many in Colorado and New Mexico that are just there to keep the cattle in and have a chain but not a lock.

A little of both, but it's always a good idea to contact the ranch manager or owner to ask permission. Usually it's not a big deal as long as they know what your doing and have every intent on leaving it "better" than you found it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts