Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased and installed the Dice unit recently, and have a question in regards to it's operation from the head unit.

If I read the instructions correctly, to go from having the "forward/back" buttons changing songs to change playlists instead, you would just press "2" then the "forward/back" button, then "1" to go back to changing songs in that playlist?

I thought it was as simple as that, but I never seem to be able to make it work.

Also, do your playlists have to be limited to 99 songs(I thought I recall seeing that somewhere)?

Thanks.

·
Banned
124 Posts
I purchased and installed the Dice unit recently, and have a question in regards to it's operation from the head unit.

If I read the instructions correctly, to go from having the "forward/back" buttons changing songs to change playlists instead, you would just press "2" then the "forward/back" button, then "1" to go back to changing songs in that playlist?

I thought it was as simple as that, but I never seem to be able to make it work.

Also, do your playlists have to be limited to 99 songs(I thought I recall seeing that somewhere)?

Thanks.

Hello Tonitrus,
On the Toyota radio's, there should be two buttons dedicated to "DISC+/-", which will change the DISC number up or down. On the FJammer, these are the preset 3 and 4 buttons. There should be an arrow above these two on the radio display. When you switch to DISC2, then the next track button will allow changing between playlists. Having more than 99 songs shouldn't be an issue, but I'm not exactly positive, only had one or two calls from customers with the BMW kit. I would expect a lot more tech calls if this was an issue, but I will see if I can test this anytime soon to make sure for you.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I actually looked at the instructions again this morning before work, and it hit me how dense I was not to see how it works.

I'll go ahead and test the song/playlist thing, now that I know what I'm doing. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts