Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Ever converted anyone to an FJ Cruiser?

• Yes! I've gotten multiple people to buy FJs after they saw how awesome mine is!

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Yes, only one other person though. I'm going for quality not quantity!

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Nope, but I'm still trying!

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Nope, I gave up trying to convince people what they're missing out on.

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question to see what success ya'll have had with spreading the word about our awesome vehicles!

Choose a poll option and if you have been successful, tell your story! And if they are a fellow forum member, tell us who! :bigthumb:

·
Admin
6,868 Posts
Just 1 that I know of so far.
I let a friend of a friend drive my FJ as a kind of test drive. I had to tell him mine isn't exactly stock though :lol: but he had already test drove a stock one and then went out and test drove another couple stock ones before he finally got one.
:cheers:

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,837 Posts
I never really talked him into it, but one of my nephews bought one a few years after I bought mine. He'd ridden it a few times and he knew I took it to Ouray and Moab along with other places. Funny thing is I traded mine on a new Tundra and a couple of months later I got a text from him and a photo of his new Tundra that was the same model package only his is a Crewmax and black vs my Double Cab and grey.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After I thought about it for a while I realized I myself did convert someone... unintentionally!

So basically everyone who really gets to know me will learn 2 essential things... I love trains, and I love FJs. It is just something people always seem to know or find out even when I think they don't know it about me.

Well after I got back from serving my 2 year mission in California I came home and went around visiting people I hadn't seen in obviously 2 years including my old high school teachers. As I arrived at the high school (they had built a new one while I was gone but some of the teachers were still the same) I had noticed an FJ parked outside but thought nothing of it. It was stock but had an ARB bumper. As I visited teachers my old world history teacher was particularly very excited to see me since he pointed out the window and said, "Look! That's mine!" as he indicated to that same FJ parked outside! I asked if he had gotten it because of me and sure enough him seeing photos on Facebook of my FJ inspired him to get one too!

Never know what impressions we are going to make on others I suppose. :lol:

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,837 Posts
After I thought about it for a while I realized I myself did convert someone... unintentionally!

So basically everyone who really gets to know me will learn 2 essential things... I love trains, and I love FJs. It is just something people always seem to know or find out even when I think they don't know it about me.

Well after I got back from serving my 2 year mission in California I came home and went around visiting people I hadn't seen in obviously 2 years including my old high school teachers. As I arrived at the high school (they had built a new one while I was gone but some of the teachers were still the same) I had noticed an FJ parked outside but thought nothing of it. It was stock but had an ARB bumper. As I visited teachers my old world history teacher was particularly very excited to see me since he pointed out the window and said, "Look! That's mine!" as he indicated to that same FJ parked outside! I asked if he had gotten it because of me and sure enough him seeing photos on Facebook of my FJ inspired him to get one too!

Never know what impressions we are going to make on others I suppose. :lol:
I forgot about it until you mentioned that. I had a boss out at the plant that owned one. I saw it a few times in the parking lot but didn't know who owned it. One day he filled in on our crew and asked me if I owned the yellow FJ and I said yes. He said I bought the silver one. I'd looked at yours and didn't know who owned it and then test drove one and bought it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I convinced a friend, who owned a Jeep Wrangler, that if ever wanted to actually get off pavement and crawl in Moab, then his stock jeep would need replacing with real equipment. I let him get behind the seat of my '08 Sun Fusion, with manual transmission, and a super charger - I guided him through some technical terrain and he had time of his life. About 3 months later he sold the jeep and is now a proud owner of a FJ. More importantly, he now goes wheeling when he has the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Suggested to an acquaintance who was all set to buy a new Jeep as her first 4WD that she consider getting an FJ instead because, apart from being a great vehicle for 4WDing straight off the showroom floor, there is a much larger support network in Australia for Toyotas than Jeeps and she was moving to a fairly remote location.

Didn't really expect to change her mind (Jeep *do* have some really good and clever advertising!) so I was really surprised when I found out a week later that she'd she bought an FJ - 18 months later it still puts a smile on her face every time she drives it!

·
Registered
329 Posts
got a couple good friends that I'm gonna get out to some hotsprings and some overnight camping as well. See what happens after that

·
Registered
854 Posts
When they first came out you couldn't get me in one. I thought they were ugly, and I already had a TJ Wrangler. Some guys at work each had one. Strange thing is they asked me about Toyotas in general, which I said you can't beat Japanese engineering. Then I rode in one on some jeep trails, saw what they were made of, and eventually, well, here I am. Took time but they grew on me.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I've always loved FJ'S. I've owned two both 07's MY 1ST I bought Jan 1, 2007. Had to sell to build our home. Just got my 2nd about a year ago. I have two nephews thinking about getting FJ's now. One definitely wants one but just started a new job so no funds right now. The other is 18 yrs old and his buddies drive diesel trucks. I think once he grows out of that fad he may own an FJ, he loves mine. Time will tell.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well I just converted another one! We have some family friends that we have gone to Lake Powell with before and their son who is a few years younger than me just traded up and got himself an FJ!

He of couse had to tell me as soon as he got it since most people know me as that crazy FJ dude! Good for him!

Attachments

·
Desert Moderator
6,033 Posts
Suggested to an acquaintance who was all set to buy a new Jeep as her first 4WD that she consider getting an FJ instead because, apart from being a great vehicle for 4WDing straight off the showroom floor, there is a much larger support network in Australia for Toyotas than Jeeps and she was moving to a fairly remote location.

Didn't really expect to change her mind (Jeep *do* have some really good and clever advertising!) so I was really surprised when I found out a week later that she'd she bought an FJ - 18 months later it still puts a smile on her face every time she drives it!
If you watch Ronny Dahl's youtube channel, you'll notice that his dad's Jeep has been missing for a while...
While they have had some issues with the various 'yotas on their trips, they've mostly been minor and drive-able. The Jeep - not so much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts