Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sitting in my daughters school parking lot waiting for her to get out. As I'm reading a middle aged man approaches me and asked "how do you like your JEEP!".
Well in a very polite manner I tell this man it's NOT a JEEP it's a Toyota. He said he was sorry but he had been looking at 4 door Jeeps recently and thought this was one he missed. I told him he did miss it and went on to show him around my FJ. Well after about 20 minutes of opening up all the doors, hood, & showing him the upgrades, he was so impressed he said he was going to the dealer to get one! Not sure if he did but maybe he'll come driving up to the school in the next few days to show it off!
FJ's rocks! Jeeps, well I'm not a fan........:bandit:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Hehe, good job. :)

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I think Toyota should give each buyer of an FJ a pad with tear off advertising sheets all about the FJ. I have had so many people ask questions that I am sure the flyers would have pushed some into buying. Never had anyone think it was a Jeep but several thought it was "the new Hummer"

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
You deserve a commission on the sale. :deal: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
610 Posts
One night as I was pulling into a parking spot when a police man stopped by and walked over. At first I though maybe I wasn't supposed to park there but then he said "No no, I'm interested in your FJ," so I happily gave him a tour and pointed out all the advantages it had over a jeep :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
One night as I was pulling into a parking spot when a police man stopped by and walked over. At first I though maybe I wasn't supposed to park there but then he said "No no, I'm interested in your FJ," so I happily gave him a tour and pointed out all the advantages it had over a jeep :D
Like IFS. Heheheh. I like the FJ more than the Jeep. But I wouldn't say either is more capable. My wallpaper on my laptop is a voodoo blue FJ and a Silver JK. :bigthumb:

Hopefully He will join here and become another fjacholic.

·
Registered
610 Posts
it was advantages sort of like, more rear leg room, better on the road, quieter, awesomer...
he didn't seem to be in to off roading.
IFS is better at snow, mud, and hill climbing anyway

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I think Toyota should give each buyer of an FJ a pad with tear off advertising sheets all about the FJ. I have had so many people ask questions that I am sure the flyers would have pushed some into buying.
x2 Like a 3M pad of post-its. An interesting idea for certain vehicles.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
So I'm sitting in my daughters school parking lot waiting for her to get out. As I'm reading a middle aged man approaches me and asked "how do you like your JEEP!".
Well in a very polite manner I tell this man it's NOT a JEEP it's a Toyota. He said he was sorry but he had been looking at 4 door Jeeps recently and thought this was one he missed. I told him he did miss it and went on to show him around my FJ. Well after about 20 minutes of opening up all the doors, hood, & showing him the upgrades, he was so impressed he said he was going to the dealer to get one! Not sure if he did but maybe he'll come driving up to the school in the next few days to show it off!
FJ's rocks! Jeeps, well I'm not a fan........:bandit:
And, we're off to the races......again.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
That is exactly how and why I bought my FJ. I was in Birmingham, AL and stopped at a gas station. A guy pulls in with a TRD w/black steelies and showed me around the FJ. I was so impressed I drove back home to Hammond, LA and bought the one I have now!

:clap:

·
Registered
66 Posts
We looked at the Jeep, I didn't like the leg room, kinda small for me, but great for the wife. I did like the 4 door convertable, & the sunroof feature for the front seats on the Jeep, but that is where it stopped. My only complaint about the FJ is some (not much) limited visibility. I'm thinking about what to put on the back, a friend of mine just bought a bad to the bone International 4 door MXT, on the tailgate is reads "because Hummers are for Chicks" I'm thinking the back of the FJ will read "Because guys with Hummers are making up for a lack of something else" or "because Hummers are for guys that wish they were Chicks" I suppose I should just leave it be & not stir the pot, but what fun would that be?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I was at the Philla. auto show a few months ago & went to the Toyota display looking for the concept FJ's (convertable one I saw in a mag. somewhere). I was lurking around the stocker they had there just waiting for someone to start looking at it. After about 25 min. of talking to different groups of people the Toyota person came over & asked if I worked for Toyota. I said no I own one & just like talking about it. I think I sold a few of them for the Co. that day.

·
Registered
194 Posts
it was advantages sort of like, more rear leg room, better on the road, quieter, awesomer...
he didn't seem to be in to off roading.
IFS is better at snow, mud, and hill climbing anyway
Gee, thx for that info, I'll always come to you for such "Spot On" detail info about Jeep & FJ. First off the OP said the Gentlemen just looked at the JK Wrangler, he's either totally blind, had a complete memory lose from one day to the next, or forgot to take his Meds to even make that error.(seems just a little strange).
And "Stig", please go into detail on your findings above, so I can be more educated on the art of hill climbing, in snow, & mud...[url=http://www.freesmileys.org][/URL][url=http://www.freesmileys.org][/URL][url=http://www.freesmileys.org][/URL][url=http://www.freesmileys.org][/URL][url=http://www.freesmileys.org][/URL][url=http://www.freesmileys.org][/URL][url=http://www.freesmileys.org][/URL][url=http://www.freesmileys.org][/URL]

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Like IFS. Heheheh. I like the FJ more than the Jeep. But I wouldn't say either is more capable. My wallpaper on my laptop is a voodoo blue FJ and a Silver JK. :bigthumb:

Hopefully He will join here and become another fjacholic.
The new Jeeps are IFS too arent they?? technically the FJ is a jeep, in model only, not brand of course, hence the J in FJ

·
Registered
194 Posts
The new Jeeps are IFS too arent they?? technically the FJ is a jeep, in model only, not brand of course, hence the J in FJ
Technically an FJ is an SUV, hinse/clue(H3, Xtera) same same, & the IFS in Jeeps aren't the JK Wrangler that is A JEEP, when you see a Jeep coming, going, sideways, or upside down, you no it's a JEEP. .........FJ is not a JEEP
It's an SUV that you take offroad. You could put the JEEP name to the old FJ40../.that's exceptable

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
I think Toyota should give each buyer of an FJ a pad with tear off advertising sheets all about the FJ. I have had so many people ask questions that I am sure the flyers would have pushed some into buying. Never had anyone think it was a Jeep but several thought it was "the new Hummer"
x2 Stan! I have had SO many people ask me about my truck over the last 21 months that I wish I could have been on commission! My assistant here at work is now drooling all over mine and wants a Sun Fusion! I told her to go for it!

Kim:rocker:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Technically an FJ is an SUV, hinse/clue(H3, Xtera) same same, & the IFS in Jeeps aren't the JK Wrangler that is A JEEP, when you see a Jeep coming, going, sideways, or upside down, you no it's a JEEP. .........FJ is not a JEEP
It's an SUV that ypou take offroad. You could put the JEEP name to the old FJ40../.that's exceptable
I was just stating the factory codes FJ. F is the engine model, Gasoline engine J is body style, Jeep. I may be wrong but I can swear I've read that on this site many times, as for SUV, well mine is considered a 5 door wagon on my title. No mention of SUV. I understand what you mean but I was just stating technicalities.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts