Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone gets angry... I have spent numerous hours looking through the threads and have not been able to find a thread that uses the PIAA wiring yet changes out the switch for the OEM one. I am a visual person and have no experience with this. I want to be able to turn my lights on and off when I please and I want to convert the PIAA switch with the OEM aux light switch. Is this the only part I need?

PT297-35070-AS - Switch

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, I just had my PIAA fog lights wired to the Tacoma switch othe people have used on this board. The mechanic had a time with it because of the 4 leads that come out of the OEM switch. The 4th lead is for illumination and he spliced a seperate wire from the factory harness that is behind the top left blank into the OEM switch. Every thing works fine other than the switch has a darker amber backlight color compared to the FJ switches.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I just had my PIAA fog lights wired to the Tacoma switch othe people have used on this board. The mechanic had a time with it because of the 4 leads that come out of the OEM switch. The 4th lead is for illumination and he spliced a seperate wire from the factory harness that is behind the top left blank into the OEM switch. Every thing works fine other than the switch has a darker amber backlight color compared to the FJ switches.
In-order to light the amber light. Can I splice into one of these three wires? If so which one? Thanks for the info!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
No, the factory switch has 4 leads. 1 for each of the PIAA wires and then he spliced a seperate wire (you will have to buy a wire) and went from the 4th lead wire to the factory harness that was already inside the panel. It was hooked to the back of the blank where maybe Toyota had plans for a fog light?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts